Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on my account

FIXED
winnie710
Dabbler

Error on my account

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I'm 93 and not great at the internet (my nephew is assisting me). I have a message on my account that says "An error has occurred. You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress."

I don't know what this relates to because I haven't had any problems since last May when I needed my phone line fixed but this was resolved. I would like to make changes to my home phone set up as well as renew my contract but I am unable to do anything because of this error message. 

Please could you look into this for me. I see others have managed to have similar issues resolved so grateful if you could resolve for me too. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Error on my account

Thanks for your post @winnie710 

I've fixed the problem for you now by activating your call features.

Voicemail, Call Protect and Caller Display should be working within 2 hours.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winnie710
Dabbler

Thank you. The only thing I don't need is voicemail (I already have an answerphone). Can I deactivate this now or is this something you are able to do please?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You should be able to manage your call features in your account now but I've done this on your behalf.

Voicemail should be switched off within an hour. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winnie710
Dabbler

Thank you. The error message is still showing on broadband/phone account. I still can't do anything without this message being cleared. 

I want to renew my contract tas my recent bill says that I'm paying too much. However, I don't seem to be able to do this online due to this message showing on my account.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The error message was showing again because I put through a request to remove voicemail.

I can see voicemail's now been switched off so I've updated the call features on your account.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winnie710
Dabbler

One last question. With Plusnet Call Protect, does this continue to work even though I have switched off the Plusnet voicemail feature? 

Tags (1)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep. It just needs caller display to work which is active. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winnie710
Dabbler

Thank you for your help. I've just been able to renew my contract which has now brought a new error message on my account. I understand why this one is there but I assume it will clear once Plusnet have processed the request. How long does that usually take out of interest (i.e. when will the new error message clear)?    

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @winnie710 

Cool. No problem, the new error message should clear on the 8th when your new contract begins.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet