cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous "Restricted service" issue – reported 12 months ago and still not fixed!

Angstony
Dabbler

Erroneous "Restricted service" issue – reported 12 months ago and still not fixed!

My Plusnet account login has a problem: for the last 12 months it has reported my account as "Restricted" and almost nothing useful is accessible – including the deals I have been offered by email to remain a customer – because I get redirected to a "Billing and payments" page that reports "Your service has been restricted", and advising me to pay my bill as soon as possible, even though my balance is £0! (see attached)

I strongly suspect that my actual underlying balance has somehow become a fraction of a penny, and bad coding is looking at that rather than the rounded down figure being displayed. But whatever the reason it is beyond a joke that no-one there seems to have the wherewithal to either fix it or escalate it to someone who can.

The latest open ticket on this (#228526913) now seems to be getting ignored. My last message to that, posted last week, was to the effect that I want it sorting out by this coming Friday or I am going to take my custom elsewhere. I stand by that, as I've had enough of this stupid problem that should have been fixed long ago.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Erroneous "Restricted service" issue – reported 12 months ago and still not fixed!

@Angstony You appear to be suffering from a known billing problem that affects numerous customers. It has been going on for many months and an incident (ref IMT-7628) raised to investigate the cause but it has never been fixed. See messages #17 & #30 onwards in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Account-Restricted/td-p/1850954/page/3 

The outcome was to create a new account for the user, so it would appear that Plusnet have not actually discovered the reason for the problem, maybe that's why you're not getting any response to your ticket.☹️

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Erroneous "Restricted service" issue – reported 12 months ago and still not fixed!

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

The outcome was to create a new account for the user, so it would appear that Plusnet have not actually discovered the reason for the problem, maybe that's why you're not getting any response to your ticket.☹️

Is it still the case that creating a new account starts a new (12/18/24 month) minimum contract period?

@Angstony, are you saying that your broadband has effectively been unusable for a year?

Angstony
Dabbler

@RealAleMadrid, thanks for the link to that old thread, it looks like it's the exact same issue.

The most annoying thing for me is that not one of the several people I have spoken to on the phone over the last year has said anything about it being a known issue, nor offered the same workaround that was offered to a user on this forum. Instead I've had tickets being mysteriously closed and no feedback whatsoever about when or why.

@corringham wrote
@Angstony, are you saying that your broadband has effectively been unusable for a year?

No, the broadband and telephone have both been fine. I would have been kicking off big style if those had been affected. But it is still an annoyance that I can't access anything on my account page, so the only way I can get anything changed is to phone up. And now that my contract is almost up, I can't even view the new deals on offer.

Has no-one from Plusnet got anything to say?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@Angstony Plusnet staff response on here is anything from 3 - 5 days.

John
Angstony
Dabbler

Thanks @jab1 

Well, I'm going to be sticking to my deadline – which isn't arbitrary, as it allows me time to give notice to avoid paying way over the odds for an extra month here if I decide to leave – so the ball's in their court I guess…

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Angstony,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not heard back from the support team about your query. Looking over this tonight, the best solution may be to create a new account as was previously suggested - is that something you'd be interested in doing, or are you wanting to look elsewhere before committing to that at this time?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Angstony
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ 

Thanks for the reply.

Would committing to a new account mean having to start a new contract? The one I have now ends on 25 Nov and I was hoping to review my options before deciding whether to switch or not. Having an inaccessible account page makes that impossible.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Committing to a new account would mean entering into a new contract, since we're so close to the end of the current one. That being said, if you want to take some time to consider your options then you're more than free to do so Smiley

More than anything, we just want to make sure we're doing what's right by you whilst also trying to fix any issues with the account - if you wanted to transfer away then you're obviously well within your rights to do so, but we would love to keep you on board if you want to stay!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Angstony
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ 

I hope you don't mind, but I've PM'd you some questions about this...