cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment options as part of re-contract?

FIXED
benfphillips
Grafter

Equipment options as part of re-contract?

Hello,

I've recently (within the last week) agreed to re-contract with plus.net in order to keep costs down. I've been with them for over two years at this address and the equipment they provided ceased functioning sometime ago and I began using my own. I've since re-contracted twice and had totally forgotten to mention the broken equipment and to ask about the options available to me. I use the old BTOR Fibre modem and my own router that I had when I used to have cable at a different property, unfortunately the sync speeds are considerably lower (and I'm talking very close to, if not below the minimum guaranteed speed for this line).

I'm still within the cooling off period for this re-contract and it's dawned on me that if this equipment fails (it's far from new) I'm also going to be out of pocket for new equipment along side my price already increasing from what I was paying in previous years.

If someone from plus.net could let me know what options I have that would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Equipment options as part of re-contract?

Fix

Hi @ benfphillips,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate the issue.

I'd suggest you call our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 to discuss this as they are best placed to advise on such matters. They're available between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Thanks - LF

benfphillips
Grafter

Given them a bell and new router should be here in a few days!

Thanks!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Glad to hear we could do something for you there, @benfphillips!

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If your sync speed is that low, I would suspect something other than the BT modem needs examining. Take a look at the fibre speeds issues topic in that board.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.