cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineers dialling 123 should be disciplined.

FIXED
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Engineers dialling 123 should be disciplined.

There are 5 separate instances of calls being made to 123 on my current bill. Just for the record I do not and never have dialled 123. This outrageous behaviour by engineers has gone on without any serious attempts to stop it for too many years now and it is long overdue that some sort of disciplinary action be taken against the culprits.

I know that engineers are told in no uncertain terms not to do it, I wonder if they are just 'sticking 2 fingers up' at the world.

I'd appreciate it if someone could ensure that I do not get charged the £2.50 currently showing on my bill.

10 REPLIES 10
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Re: Engineers dialling 123 should be disciplined.

In fact checking further, there are calls recorded on the 5th and 6th April, days when I had no phone service at all. The line was repaired and re-instated on Sunday 7th April although the ticket which refers to the fault was updated as having been resolved  on the Monday the 8th.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi longedge, 

This is disappointing to see, yes engineers shouldn't be doing this as any kind of standard practice. Whereas we can't ensure that engineers would be disciplined as we're not part of Openreach we do of course have a professional relationship with them and will get this reported. 

To help me with evidence could you let me know when the calls were made please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@adamwalker 

Was anything reported to OR after my Message#7 in this thread, pointing out that OR could easily identify the culprit?

Neither the OP or I received a reply in that thread.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Ticket number 189046952 refers to a fault that I had on my phone at the beginning of April. I had no dialling tome at all on the 5th and 6th but my broadband continued to work as normal. When the lady engineer came back to see me after repair, she explained that the jumper on my exchange line had been taken out and replaced in the wrong place thus disconnecting my phone line whilst the fibre was still jumpered correctly.

As I have noted on the above ticket, this repair was completed on Sunday 7th April.

The screenshot of my bill would indicate to me that the person who disconnected my phone line did so on 4th April around the time that he/she called 123 before putting the jumper back incorrectly. I suspect that they also made one or two calls to what may be a local Thai Restaurant. None of the numbers in the screenshot mean anything to me.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @longedge

It looks like your invoice is in the process of being generated, so I'll keep an eye on this and ensure that any erroneous charges are reversed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I'll confirm via ticket on your account once I've made any credits against calls.

Best wishes

Dave

longedge
Aspiring Pro

@RandallFlagg  Many thanks.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @longedge

Thanks for bearing with me while your invoice generated. I've now raised a ticket for you here in order to resolve your complaint.

If you could drop me a line here when you've responded to the complaint ticket that would be great.

Best wishes

Dave

longedge
Aspiring Pro

@RandallFlagg  Thank you, I've updated the ticket.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @longedge,

Thanks for coming back to me - I've updated and closed the complaint ticket based on your response.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Take care

Dave