cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer charges

mpotter
Grafter

Engineer charges

Am wondering whether or not you charge for no fault found if the engineer can't find a fault with the wiring or equipment? If so then how is this lawful considering your advisors only ask for the customer to agree that they will pay if a fault is proven to be inside the boundaries of one's own property?
5 REPLIES 5
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Engineer charges

BT own and are responsible up to the master socket, from then on anything connected to it are your responsibility.  Hence you are asked to try tests always in the master test socket, that removes extensions etc you might have.  So if the fault is still there in the master socket then good chance its somewhere down your phone line.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
mpotter
Grafter

What if they cant find a fault either on their or your side of the NTE?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I suppose it depends on the issue.
If you've got no dial tone, and they can't find a fault then we would be likely to investigate further. If your line is crystal clear, and the engineer is unable to find the fault then it may be chargeable.
It all depends on what the engineer reports back to Openreach on the day. Though we do have a means of disputing chargeable appointments with them.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mpotter
Grafter

Thanks presume for an intermittent fault like mine they wouldnt charge though then. Anyway can you please look at my case here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135550.16.html
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Will do shortly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet