cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer call out charge - v. unfair

moroneykieran

Engineer call out charge - v. unfair

I've been advised that Plusnet is going to charge me £65 for an engineer call out as "the issues you experienced with your services were caused by misoperation/incorrect set up of equipment". 

This seems inaccurate as the engineer advised me when he was there that he would need to go up and did go up the telephone pole near the house to correct the issue!  This is never mind the fact that an engineer had been to the house a few days prior to the second engineer coming out and supposedly fixed the issue only for it occur again.  Furthermore, before the second scheduled engineer visit actually occurred a planned visit was cancelled at 6pm on the day itself (a weekday and which I was only informed about after I rang customer services to inquire what was happening) following taking a days leave and sitting around all day to let them in. 

Service really is rather rubbish as rang and spoke to someone and they advised a second engineer visit would be needed after running through all the tests.  Obviously these were the same as the first time so really makes no sense how the need for the first visit was not my 'fault' but the second one is.  

Really in the dark on this and the explanation provided is pretty poor (there's basically no detail) and just, well, dubious!  Particularly with failure to appear for the previous engineer visit and failure to notify about this in mind... It's almost as if no that I've committed to the company again with a contract renewal the extra bill can come out (bearing in mind the visit being charged for was in January of this year).

2 REPLIES 2
moroneykieran

Re: Engineer call out charge - v. unfair

Hi - anyone able to advise?! Please
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Engineer call out charge - v. unfair

Thanks for getting in touch @moroneykieran I'm sorry to see we've charged you for an engineer visit. I've reviewed what you've said and the notes from the engineers we can see and I've added a reply onto a support ticket you can view and respond to by going Here which I hope helps. Apologies for the issues you've had with your connection.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet