cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer booked for today, account still "being prepared"...

MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Engineer booked for today, account still "being prepared"...

Sorry for n00bness, but I just wanted a little piece of mind on this.
The engineer is booked to come around this morning and my account hasn't been activated, showing as "being prepared". Will it automatically  be connected by the engineer or am I going to have to wait longer after he's gone?  Is he going to be able to get the connection sorted if the account isn't live?
Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Engineer booked for today, account still "being prepared"...

Hi MykeUK,
Your account will activate when the engineer completes the work and completes your order in our systems. Once the engineer has been to install the new phone line you should be able to use the service straight away. Hope this clears things up for you!
MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hey Linn.
He's been and gone and everything's been set up, but the internet light is still red and I've had no activation text. He left about an hour ago. I've just tried turning the router off and on again but it's still red.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This will be due to the orders not reflecting as complete on our systems yet. You will receive notification once the account activates but this will only be done once the orders are complete. You should be able to use the phone service straight away, however, the broadband/fibre service will depend on the order being completed in our systems. Please allow up to midnight tonight for this be done.