cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract

Stephdav82

Ending contract

Hi I am also trying to find out the end date of my contract. I know it is 18 months from may 2016 so I believe it ends in Nov. Do I give notice at end of oct so as not to incur fu monthly charges for Nov or does it work differently? As chat is still down how else can I get my end date confirmed as the phone wait time is still crazy.
2 REPLIES 2
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Ending contract

If you log on to your PN account in Member Cetre and click on Manage Account, then Account Summary, you'll see the date your service started listed in the left hand column.

Do you want to leave PN?  Do you not want to have an internet service at all?  Or are you thinking of moving to another provider?

If you no longer wish to have any internet service, you need to cancel with PN (I think they require two weeks notice) and charge a small cancellation fee (also listed in your account summary).  If you want to move to another provider, sign up with that provider 14 days before your PN contract ends and your switch-over should be on the day your contract ends although this may not always be the case.  If you are happy with PN's service but just don't fancy paying the out-of-contract price, contact customer options and they might be able to offer you a competitive deal for a new contract.

Bearing in mind PN's ancient billing system you may find that they'll still bill you for the month after you have left.  If that happens, one of the staff who post on this forum will help you get a refund.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Ending contract

Hello there.

If you contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2] they'll be able to confirm that for you and any other questions you might have with regards to ending your service.

At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

I hope this helps

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet