Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

End of contract

Current fibre BB contract ends in June.

What happens if I do nothing ? Do I continue with the current contract until I ask to change or do I get automatically switched to a new contract ?

The real issue is this, my upload speeds vary between 7 - 10 but the new contract only offer upload speeds of 1.9

Except current fibre extra which offers much higher upload speeds but at a price which is too high for me, current download speeds are over the 30 mark which is fine and I require nothing faster for my needs.

Advice would be appreciated from others in this position.

I would like to stick with PN but have no wish to pay a lot more to get my current service.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: End of contract

@gleneagles

Your contract doesn't end in June BUT the minimum term of the contract does so that you are free to leave without early terminate fees should you wish. So the contract continues on a month by month basis.

What might change is how much you pay as that depends on IF you currently get a discount which is related only to the minimum term? In some cases the discount is for only the first say 12 months of a 18 month contract so the discount ends after 12 months but the contract minimum term after 18 months.

Check your last bill for any discount to see if that will stop in June.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@gleneagles wrote:

What happens if I do nothing ? Do I continue with the current contract until I ask to change or do I get automatically switched to a new contract ?

The service would continue as normal, but would not start a new minimum term unless you contacted us to re-contract.

The cost of the service would likely go to the standard price (Providing your previous offer had a discounted rate right up to the end of the contract)

@gleneagles wrote:

The real issue is this, my upload speeds vary between 7 - 10 but the new contract only offer upload speeds of 1.9

Except current fibre extra which offers much higher upload speeds but at a price which is too high for me, current download speeds are over the 30 mark which is fine and I require nothing faster for my needs.

Advice would be appreciated from others in this position.

I would like to stick with PN but have no wish to pay a lot more to get my current service.

If you re-contract on the same package, your speeds shouldn't be affected as the package should remain unchanged, just with a new contract and discounts applied.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@HarryB wrote:

If you re-contract on the same package, your speeds shouldn't be affected as the package should remain unchanged, just with a new contract and discounts applied.

@HarryB,

Can you please clarify ... elsewhere there have been reports / complaints that existing 40/10 customers re-contracting are being re-provisioned on the current 40/2 product.  Is there some misunderstanding here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re-contracting shouldn't affect the current 55/10 customers as adding a new contract and new discounts wouldn't change the package and I'm lead to believe that the speeds get changed when the package is changed.

I know there were a few that changed from 80/20 Plusnet Unlimited Fibre to 40/2 Unlimited Fibre without realising they were actually changing package.

From This Thread I understand @gleneagles has re-contracted on a new offer now.

@gleneagles - Although I don't believe this should have any adverse affects on your speeds, If you do notice the speeds change, let me know and I'll make sure it's sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet