cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract question

norush
Grafter

End of contract question

My phone/broadband contract ends on October 8th and I've been offered a much better deal with my utility supplier, SSE. I'm away in the US from 1st October until the 17th so what's the best way to handle this? If I do nothing until I return will Plusnet just put me on a rolling monthly contract as I obviously don't wish to be tied in for a further 18 months, or should I just contact SSE and leave them to takeover whilst I'm away? Thanks in advance for any advice.

7 REPLIES 7
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: End of contract question

Thanks for your post, @norush.

We're sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving us.

The contract would move onto a rolling monthly term, you wouldn't be re-contracted without us having agreed a deal with you.

You may find that our Customer Options Team are able to make you an offer that beats your utility supplier and you're actually able to contact them via the Web Chat facility over at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/customer-services/.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

norush
Grafter

Ok, thanks Owen, In that case I may just leave things as is until I return.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Your bill may well rise to the standard monthly cost, rather the monthly cost under your deal though.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I theory you should be able to call plusnet whereever you are.

But first, before you do that- shop around, your utility provider may be cheaper than plusnet they will most certainly be cheaper than plusnets rolling contract, but other provider may be even cheaper

norush
Grafter

I phoned the retention team and they offered what I thought was a reasonable reduction on a new 24 month contract. I have to say I've never had any issues with PN so maybe it's a case of better the devil you know!

Incidentally, can anyone from support answer question #193949315 for me please?

Thanks.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@norush,

I've updated the ticket for you. I'm afraid we can't do that over a ticket but if you reply to it with a contact number we can get someone to call you to save you having to call. 

norush
Grafter

Will do and thanks Joe!