cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract notification not received

TobyMax

End of contract notification not received

I have received my monthly billing email and was surprised to see that my bill has increased due to my contract ending. Since February Ofcom made it compulsory to send notifications about EOC. Has anyone else experienced this? I would like to know my options and would also have liked to change to a better deal BEFORE the new higher price kicked in. Reading through recent forum posts it looks like customer service are unobtainable so I will probably have to just contact a new provider instead.

5 REPLIES 5
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: End of contract notification not received

If youve been offered a [-Censored-] deal, or no deal at all except for the sky high out of contract monthly rolling price you need to do the following:

Write down how much you are paying now, on plusnet ( ie if you dont do anything) both monthly cost and 12 month cost

do the same for competitors - dont use price comparison sites use deals on their websites

Sky

Vodafone

Shell

Origin

Post office

Talk Talk

to name but a few, you can also take into account any discounts as this will reduce the cost over a 12 month period ( ie £50 cash back/netflix bundled and so on - 12 months of netflix HD is worth £107.88 for example, so if you subscribe then deduct this form the annual cost

Last time i checked the number for the part of CS that deals with retentions is
0800 013 2632

Do not cancel your plusnet service, when changing providers, the new provider should handle the changeover for you.

cancelling will put a cease on your line, and you will have to wait for openreach to disconnect it - plusnet may also charge a cancellation fee during this process then your new provider will instruct open reach to re-connect again this will take some time

if you let your new provider handle the change over it should switch over over night

TobyMax

Thanks. I have not been contacted by Plusnet at all regarding the end of contract or informed of any new contract deals. They have simply put me on the standard full price tariff starting next week. I have tried to contact them via Twitter as the online chat is not available but have not had a response. I will try calling them to see if there is another contract deal available but if they do not answer the phone then I will have no choice but to contact another provider and let them handle the transfer. It's a shame because the actual broadband service has been reliable but I'm not going to be stuck paying full whack.

pint
Aspiring Pro

make sure that you find out how much other ISPs charge, if you quote those deals at plusnet they may be able to better or match them

TobyMax

Thanks I will do if I can get in touch with them.

pint
Aspiring Pro

if you cant get in touch with plusnet it will serve as a shopping list - although the list i provided isnt complete there are a few other ISPs you could take a look at