Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract ADSL now £35.73!!

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

End of contract ADSL now £35.73!!

I was thinking of changing to fibre, but if plusnet charge £35+ for standard ADSL then god only knowns what the charges will be for fibre (£50 to £70+???)

I did have an email about LRS being up soon, although ive been exceptionaly busy, so while i was expecting the contract up message im a little taken back by the out of contract price

The plusnet change my product page is showing nothing but

[quote]

"

Sorry, at the moment we're having problems showing our full range of products.

• If you'd like to keep your existing product and add or change your call plan you can continue. Otherwise please try again later."

[/quote]

although ive not got much hope of them showing competitive pricing as old customers are treated like dog muck walked over a new carpet.

The last time i went through the   "i want to leave process " it was for want of a better word painful and consisted of being stuck on hold and /or passed form pillar to post ( what ever happened to the webcams in the call centre - at least then you could see if there was actually anyone there?? )

looking at the deals so far...

Vodafone fibre ( upto 35mb) £19.99 via uswitch

onestream £18.99 fibre

Now TV £18 ADSL2+

Plusnet £35.73 ADSL 2+

[quote]

Sorry, at the moment we're having problems showing our full range of products.

• If you'd like to keep your existing product and add or change your call plan you can continue. Otherwise please try again later.

[/quote]

12 REPLIES 12
pint
Aspiring Pro

Re: End of contract ADSL now £35.73!!

Meanwhile on MSe forums. ( doesnt bode well)

[quote]Currently coming to the end of my 40mbps contract and paying £22 per month. Quted TT and Voda deals at them (monthly equivalent of £18-22 and £20.74 but they won't budge from £26 which is for line and broadband (no calls). The guy I spoke to wasn't exactly Mr personality and actually suggested for me to leave! I've never had that sort of response before. [/quote]

[quote]Retentions lets me go without much of a fight. I quoted Vodafone fibre for £20/m and the lady said she simply couldn't match it and that was the end of that. [/quote]

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

You can't realistically compare your out of contract price with Uswitch new customer deals. They will be grossly different.

All you can do is quote the competitive deals to Plusnet and see what they can offer. However at the end of the day there has to be a minimum that Plusnet have set below which they will accept that they may lose business to lower price competitors.

Every deal needs both a willing buyer and willing seller.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

We've got plenty of competitive retention deals for existing customers, I'd recommend just giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 and I'm sure we'd be able to tempt you with a new offer.

Alternatively if you'd prefer a call back feel free to PM the best contact number to get you on and a rough time when you'd be free for a call and I'll arrange for someone to call you and discuss this further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
janarthur66
Dabbler

oh yes, I have since found out what Plusnet Retentions are like to speak to after being with Plusnet for over 8 yrs. Not once have I changed my package in all that time.
The "deal" I was offered was just an insult to be honest & the CS agent very intimidating/rude.
I just agreed to get off the phone. No offer of new equipment either after having same router since joining. That was yesterday and today my broadband just stops working.
I think I'll be jumping ship when TalkTalk can give me Fibre 70mb for £26, a quid more than I'm paying Plusnet for a 38mb? And I'll grab £100 cashback using Quidco.
What incentive has Plusnet given me to stay? ...NONE
So much for 8 yrs loyalty 😞
Me thinks it's time to ditch Plusnet, maybe after 8 yrs time for s change anyways.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @janarthur66

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience and that you felt you had to agree to a retention offer with ourselves. We would hope that all our customers feel comfortable saying no if it isn't something they would like to take. 

I have fully reviewed your account and had a discussion with our Customer Options team which can be reviewed here

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

If you do decide to leave Plusnet, we will be sad to see you go but wish you all the best with your new provider. 

Kind Regards

janarthur66
Dabbler

Thanks for that, yes I logged into my account & read your offer you supplied after speaking to options team.
I've replied mainly for feedback purposes - don't wish to go into it within this thread as I feel II would be hijacking the original OPs post.
Thank you, it's appreciated 😉
pint
Aspiring Pro

Im planning on calling later this afternoon, see what they can offer.
At the moment im looking at fibre (fttc) Vodafone have the equivalent of plusnet fibre extra for £20 a month, will Plusnet be competitive, as previously advised earlier in this thread?
janarthur66
Dabbler

Well all I can say is the best of luck. I have learned so much about Plusnets "awarding winning customer" service from the stand point of a very long standing customer. It's been extremely bad - first they downgrade my speed and give offer me £25 for the  38mb package (talktalk £26 for double the speed), then they send me confirmation of offer with like £40 instead of the £25, so had to call back to rectify the mistake advisor did, I complained regarding manner of customer advisor I originally spoke too both via a post on here (and via emailing the CEO office at same time) someone very helpful from this forum shared my issue with retentions so they then said they would match the talktalk deal. But no new router ? After 9 yrs with the same router / same package??  ..and why didn't they just offer me this in the first place??  I realise obviously they couldn't match external cashback I would get from Quidco. (wasn't too bothered about that)

So it was a no brainier to me - I went with TalkTalk & I'm transfering at end of month. And as me & my husband are so disappointed with Plusnet - I think we'll be looking elsewhere for our sim plans too

Someone from customer relations rang me full of apologies but didn't offer me anything further. And then I get an email (and letter) outline I owe £Xxx as I'm still in contract. The customer relations advisor explained it was an error (another one!l) & she is now monitoring my account until I transfer over after I contacted her to ask what the hell is going on as I'm no longer in contract Im still in the 14 cooling off period from the original downgrade offer which they offered me.

I also noted in her notes to whatever department she was messaging she said "do not send to DCA" ... goodness me, I've never missed one payment and within days of them finding out I'm moving elsewhere ..a DCA is mentioned?? Obviously customer relations are stopping this but did make me think more about what sort of company Plusnet are.
Way I see it, they value "new custom"..as for there existing loyal customers obviously not so much of value. And my experience seems to be a common theme after I checked out reviews on the internet for Plusnet - 1 star on Trustpilot ..say it all really. 
All I can say is I'm glad I'm leaving but hey ho I might just of been one of the unlucky few & your experience with retentions may differ.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Have you read the reviews for TalkTalk?

janarthur66
Dabbler

Yes I have read the reviews & I'm more than aware TalkTalk don't have the greatest reputation at all.  But as broadband is not your normal straight forward kind of service, nearly all the ISPs have not so good reviews. 
My neighbour has TalkTalk & the actual broadband service is absolutely fine (as was my actual Plusnet broadband service if I may add, which I've always said)

As a rule I rarely call my provider anyway, (in the whole 9 yrs I was with Plusnet, I probably rang them 3 times if that)  if I have a problem with router etc., my brother just sorts it out as it confuses me completely. Obviously if my service goes down I realise he will be unable to help & I'll need to call TalkTalks outsourced call centre.
But credit to TalkTalk when my neighbour got new equipment after 3 yrs when she changed her package. Plusnet on the other hand are more than happy to lose a very loyal 9 yr customer in essence over the price of a new router. A router they are more than happy to give a new customer free of charge. So they have lost the Broadband, telephone & mobile package revenue from me all over a replacement router?  I don't understand that logic at all but hey hoo, case closed - move on 

pint
Aspiring Pro

I finaly found some time to call plusnet, and got an upgrade deal to fibre, which is at a price point i'm happy with.

As for other providers as mentioned above, such as Talk Talk etc, I'm now of the opinion that they are all pretty much the same, and they almost all send out basic routers ( unless you pay £££ for an isp such as Andrews and arnold etc)

So if the router is [-Censored-], then you shold be able to buy something better ( unless you are with Sky who dont let you change router)

Over the time I've been with plusnet ( so far) I have very rarely had the need to call them,the last fault I had was dealt with by openreach directly, my exchange is within walking distance and at the time there was a few vans outside with people coming and going, and a few of the manhole covers being open)

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Glad this got sorted for you @pint

Please let us know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave