cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Plusnet contract pay more or renew elsewhere?

ShadyJay

End of Plusnet contract pay more or renew elsewhere?

Not sure what to do now my 12 month contract with Plusnet is up.
If i stay with Plusnet i will be paying roughly £14 a month more which adds upto £148 over the year, where if i move on to a new supplier i can get just as good a deal as i was on with Plusnet before it expired  Undecided
You would think they would offer their loyal customers a offer to keep them here before it does expire hmmm  Embarrassed
Your thoughts, ideas please  Roll_eyes
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: End of Plusnet contract pay more or renew elsewhere?

Have you actually called the customer options team to see what they will offer you?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ShadyJay

I will contact them later on. I was after what other people have done in same situations and their outcomes to get a rough idea  of what they offer normally.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The only option is to call them and see others have done this and got a deal they are happy with, some haven't..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tonectrl

Hi. My contract was up this month so I decided to have a look at what deals were available with Plusnet and others. Plusnet were not offering the best deal however I decided that I would stay as it saved hasle. I called them up today and asked them if I could sign up with one of their deals I saw advertised however I was told that it was for "new customers only". I told him that I could get a better deal elsewhere. But he wouldn't shift. Not happy considering I have been loyal Plusnet customer for 4+ years and that I was on hold for nearly 40 mins. I asked for my MAC code and was told that I would receive it by email within 48 hours. I'm not happy. Prior to Plusnet I had been with BT for almost 8 years and whilst happy with the service I left over a similar stunt.
I have now sourced a good deal with Virgin. Just waiting for the MAC code so that I can wave good bye to Plusnet and their shortsighted business model. I will also be informing the senior members of my family who rely on me to source good deals on their utilities every year.
Own goal Plusnet, you've done me proud!
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Advice for others - Don't ask for the current new customer offer, ask for the best price they can do.  I'm happy with the deal I got, though I agree that it's a shame you have to call up and beg.
Quote from: tonectrl
I have now sourced a good deal with Virgin.

Good luck but worth noting that your MAC is worthless if you're moving to Virgin and you'll incur a £30 cancellation charge.
Grezzer36
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As pwatson says call & ask what the best deal they can offer (like when renewing insurance etc). I phoned in Dec when wanting to move from adsl to  unlimited fibre. Been with them 9yrs, already pay line rental saver etc. Gave me an offer fixed for 2yrs that means now paying less for fibre than was paying for adsl. Offer worked out cheaper in the long term than the huge new cust offer running nov/dec. Suited me tho I realise not everyone happy to be tied in for 2yrs.  Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

What's the problem with being tied for 2 years if it's cheaper than other offers AND fixed price for the duration?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.