cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract

suffolk

End of Contract

PN has ignored OFCOM`s ruling by not sending me any notification that my contract was about to end
Consequently, I am now out of Contact ( by one day) and my monthly payment has risen from £23.98 to £34.98
The lowest price Sales/Retention will give me is £28.49
So I am being penalised to pay an extra £4.51 a month, due to PN not adhering to the OFCOM guidelines
I have been a customer of PN for well over 10 years and gained them numerous new customers

I have tried to find on the web site, where to make an official complaint, but the route seems to be via Customer Services or Chat
Hardly impartial ?

Being a loyal customer amount to nothing then ?
LIVID would be an understatement

7 REPLIES 7
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: End of Contract

If your contact has just expired the Ofcom guidelines wouldn't have been place at the start of the contract and therefore wouldn't apply.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @suffolk,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this, which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you've responded to the ticket so that we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
suffolk

What is particularly annoying is that New Customers are getting it for £23.50 a month, its the old story with any organisation New Customers get preferential offers

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @suffolk,

Thanks for coming back to us.

As @Browni has surmised, at the point where you took your contract out, the notification process was in not in place (This started in September 2018), so you would not have received any prompt that your contract was coming to an end.

I can see that my colleague has raised a ticket for you (linked above) and has offered to arrange a call with our Customer Options Team so that you can discuss the availability of a new deal - please respond to the ticket if you'd like us to arrange this, or alternatively contact the Customer Options Team on 0800 328 4624 at your convenience.

Best wishes

Dave

suffolk

Dave
I stand corrected, I see that OFCOM has given service providers 9 months from their announcment date  to get it implemented putting it forward to Feb 2020
I will get back you you asap, when I know I will be at home to speak to CS

Thans for your assistance so far

alan

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

No problem, Alan.

Thanks.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

A few things you need to remember/do:

Loyalty counts for nothing, if you find a cheaper/better value deal then be prepared to move.

Go shopping, see what what else is out there.

I was recently in the same situation, and of (minimum) contract period, and facing a high bill.
I looked around at other ISPs/providers, Talk Talk, origin, Shell, and Vodafone all had deals much cheaper than staying as is on Plusnet.
then it was a case of writing down how much I would save if I switched, savings per month/year/length of contract with all of the savings being significant over plusnets rolling (out of contract) monthly price.

Then it's just a case of calling plusnet retentions, and seeing if they can match the deals from their competitor's, if they can then that's all well add good, if not then politely decline, state the deal your probably going to go with and if still no luck end the call.
If you hear nothing back after a few days then call once more, if still no luck then call again, if still no luck then wait a week and switch.

I was about to stitch to Vodafone, but was offered a deal I was happy with from Plusnet, so I'm here for another 12 months or so