Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End-of-Contract Offer Not Honoured

FIXED
MysteryMan1
Grafter

End-of-Contract Offer Not Honoured

I have had FTTP broadband for nearly 3 years, having got enrolled on the Plusnet pilot scheme. The price has sneaked up each year and now my contract is due to end in August.

So, the nice people at Plusnet sent me an email saying that the price will rise to £27.06/month, but, if I sign up for another 18 months then it will be held at £23.95.

So, I clicked the link to do this to find "Oops, that offer is no longer available" and then I called up the customer services and was told it was not available because I do not have a phone line. I explained that I have never had a phone line and it is just the fibre-to-the-premises broadband to which he says it can't be as they don't do that! I assured him that it is and he went away to do some checks. Anyway, he came back to say, sorry, I should not have been sent the email offering me that deal and that no discounts can be applied and you are stuck with the increase!

Charming! Despite the good service I have had from Plusnet for quite a number of years I think it is time to shop around to see if I can get a better deal - shame to leave!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: End-of-Contract Offer Not Honoured

@MysteryMan1 

I guess that’s there nothing stopping you reverting to FTTC? You might get an equivalent deal if you haggle.
If you can find a cheaper FTTP deal then please let us know.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @MysteryMan1

Looking into this, as per the terms of the FTTP trial you agreed to when we accepted you onto the trial, I'm afraid we can't recontract you while on FTTP, although I appreciate you may had been able to recontract in the past, but this would've likely been an error and not in line with the terms of the trial. 

Also, as we no longer sell broadband only packages, we can't recontract you even if you had FTTC with us, without providing a phone line as well, so if you remain on FTTP you'd have to stay out of contract with us until if or when we decide to bring out a full FTTP product that'll come with its own pricing etc. 

The end of contract reminder email you've received making you an offer would be for FTTC and line rental, I appreciate it's not a great experience, but it's sadly one of the downsides of our FTTP trial that our systems don't recognise the difference. 

Normally I'd link you to the FTTP trial terms and FAQs pages, but these doesn't seem to work now following our help & support pages getting a little refresh. I've raised this with @JonoH though to take a closer look internally. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MysteryMan1
Grafter

@Gandalf 

Thanks for the reply and detailed information.

Disappointing, but, seems like I am stuck with the situation.

I suspect I know the answer to this, but, is there any indication if/when Plusnet will bring out a full FTTP product?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @MysteryMan1, we've no confirmation of when we'll bring out FTTP as a full product, but there are rumours on these forums that it may happen towards the end of the year. Please don't quote me on that though. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet