Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency

StephenLanigan
Dabbler

Emergency

Hi,

Apparently my account is being closed, got several emails today I don't understand why when I'm still in contract and never asked for this, I renewed my contact in December for £27.99 for 18 months but have been getting charged full price for the last 4 when I contacted plusnet they've apologies and refunded me the money and assured me I would receive a refund within 5 days (yet to happen) I've received 2 different emails today saying -

To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 9 days.

Amount owed: £39.73
Date payment was due: 6th February 2020

Followed by 1 minute later-

Payment due

Date payment was due: 6th March 2020
To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 4 days

Followed by-

Notification of pending account closure

We have previously notified you there is an overdue balance of £38.48 on your account.

This is 3 different emails in minutes.

I don't owe any money to plusnet they have been over charging me for the past 4 months wish I never renewed in December now with this [-Censored-] and the lack of 5ghz working on the hub one router can someone please advice ASAP as I need to work from home with no internet. My internet is now down and the phone lines are closed due to Corona.

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Emergency

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
StephenLanigan
Dabbler

Emergency please help, 2nd day.

Hi,

Apparently my account is being closed, got several emails today I don't understand why when I'm still in contract and never asked for this, I renewed my contact in December for £27.99 for 18 months but have been getting charged full price for the last 4 when I contacted plusnet they've apologies and refunded me the money and assured me I would receive a refund within 5 days (yet to happen) I've received 2 different emails today saying -

To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 9 days.

Date payment was due: 6th February 2020

Followed by 1 minute later-

Payment due

Date payment was due: 6th March 2020
To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 4 days

Followed by-

Notification of pending account closure

We have previously notified you there is an overdue balance of £38.48 on your account.

This is 3 different emails in minutes.

I don't owe any money to plusnet they have been over charging me for the past 4 months wish I never renewed in December now with this [-Censored-] and the lack of 5ghz working on the hub one router can someone please advise ASAP as I need to work from home with no internet. My internet is now down and the phone lines are closed due to Corona
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Emergency please help, 2nd day.

@StephenLanigan 

Hopefully a Plusnet staff member will pick this issue up here as the forums are now avalid way to seek help.

@Gel 

Live Chat is effectively closed (has been for a few months) despite some links to it still being around. If any of those work they only go to a bot and only deal with sales. Plusnet really need to get a grip on this and remove ALL links to Live Chat to avoid further aggravation to customers.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @StephenLanigan

I am really sorry to hear that, I can see that there is open ticket on your account here

It was sent to relevant department and we will deal with this as soon as we can.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics on same subject from same poster merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
StephenLanigan
Dabbler

On the 14th I noticed I had been paying £40.98 a month instead of the agreed £27.99 as per the contract. Contacted plusnet they apologised and told me they will process a refund within 5 days to my account to make up the difference ,simple (or so you would think) 2 days later on the 16th I got an email saying my account hasn't been paid for in 3 months even tho I've been over paying, Rung them yet again they told me as of the 16th my account has been passed to a debt collection agency, They sent me an email told me it was all an error on thier part they cant retrieve the account as it's been passed along to DCA and will take months to sort due to Corona virus but they will open a new account in my name on their systems so they did that and give me 1 months internet for free but guess what they opened up the account again for £40.98 per month and have told me I have will to wait as if I was a new customer even tho I don't need an engineer or router. Can someone sort this absolute mess that hasn't been my fault. I need my internet to work from home in these trying times, all I want is my broadband to cost me £27.99 total (as agreed in December on my contract) and to have 14 months left on my contract with my internet reactived ASAP

Previous account - stephenlanigan
Current account - mrstephenlanigan