Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Plusnet

FIXED
cgasltd
Hooked

Email from Plusnet

I've have received the following email from Plusnet & am just checking that it is genuine before I ring the telephone number (0800 587 1959). I have googled it without success and have tried Chat without success...........................

I may be a bit paranoid but you never know!  Thanks in advance

We love having you in the Plusnet family. You've been with us a while now, so we'd like to offer you another money saving fixed price contract to help keep things that way. Just give us a call on 0800 587 1959. 

Notice the f-word there? Yep, that's a fixed price contract, so if you sign up to a new deal the price for your broadband and line rental isn't budging throughout the whole contract. After that, we'll be in touch to offer an account review so we can help you find another deal that's just your cup of tea. 

If you've changed your contract in the last few days please ignore this email.

Best wishes,

The Plusnet Team

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Email from Plusnet

cgasltd
Hooked

Thanks but when I said,  'I have tried Chat without success' I mean the Chat operative could not confirm my question in respect of whether or not the email & telephone number I received was genuine or not.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Fix

Any promotional emails I've received from Plusnet include my username and first name.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
cgasltd
Hooked

Ha Ha, I didn't think of that!  I guess it's genuine then.  Many thanks

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Aye, the lack of those details would certainly confirm that it was a scam, and the inclusion would provide 95% certainty that it wasn't.

Anyway, in this case it's a phone number rather than a hyperlink, and you can't get a virus from a phone call - yet!  

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)