cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Plusnet About Transfer of Service

Dan_TUK

Email from Plusnet About Transfer of Service

Hi

We've received an email from Plusnet Support notifying that "Another service provider has told us that you want to move your broadband and phone away from Plusnet."

We've not requested that broadband be moved and so wanted to ensure that this request was cancelled and that broadband service isn't affected, but it seems to be impossible to speak to anyone at Plusnet at the moment. The phone number just gives a message that the call cannot be answered and to try again later. Live chat never seems to be available, messaging via the Facebook page just receives an automated response but nothing further and I've emailed the support address but no response.

Is anyone please able to advise on how best to speak to someone at Plusnet, to get this request cancelled before the transfer date?

Kind regards
Dan

10 REPLIES 10
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Email from Plusnet About Transfer of Service

@Dan_TUK 

The only ways available to contact Plusnet Customer Services are by phone, by posting on these forums, by Facebook or by Twitter. Live Chat is no longer available despite still appearing on some Plunet webpages (it seems only to go to a bot for sales). The ticket system was discontinued a few years ago except for some very specific topics (see the Help Assistant on your Members Centre).

Therefore you have now pursued Plusnet via three of the four available methods. Hopefully a staff member will pick this up here or from your Facebook attempt.

Really not good enough, Plusnet, especially for issues such as this.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Dan_TUK

I don't really know what else to try, regarding this issue. We're getting closer to the date where we're going to be cut off from our broadband service, conscious of how long it might take to get that connected again, but it appears to be literally impossible to speak to anyone at Plusnet to try and cancel this erroneous transfer of service.

jgb
Champion

This is truly ridiculous. If Plusnet send out an email to advise a customer of an impending transfer of service then they MUST provide a sure channel of communication for the customer to respond in order to abort the transfer. Otherwise what is the point of sending out that email in the first place?

Cannot this specific scenario be added to the few permitted categories of tickets that can be raised?

Plusnet really do need to get their act together regarding customer service which has become truly abysmal. The current coronavirus crisis is no excuse.

jgb
Champion

@Dan_TUK 

You could try sending a PM to one of the staffers currently on line. See the bottom of this page:

https://community.plus.net/

Simply click on the staffer's icon and then select the Send Private Message button.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Gandalf  is currently online, and he's a wizard who often performs miracles. 🙂

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @Dan_TUK, I'm so sorry for any confusion or worry. Sometimes if people type the incorrect address/telephone number this can happen. I can see someone called on Tuesday and this was cancelled. An email confirming this was sent at around 4PM.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Following on from my previous response @Dan_TUK, I tried calling the mobile and landline on the account to discuss this but unfortunately didn't get through. I've raised a support ticket on the account with my details and what I can do for you going forward if you wish to get in touch. Smiley

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Dan_TUK

Hi and thank you very much for coming back to me. We did manage to get through to someone by phone on Tuesday but that agent was only able to cancel the transfer of telephone line and not the transfer of the broadband service. We were subsequently passed through to a different department with more authority to be able to do that, but unable to get through and unable to get back in contact to have that resolved.

Can you please confirm that both the transfer requests (telephone service and broadband service) have now been cancelled?

Appreciate you taking ownership of this problem and resolving for us.

Kind regards

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure thing @Dan_TUK, I'm sorry that the agent seems to have misinformed you - a cancellation of the line transfer would stop any switch happening at all. Smiley

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team