cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from PN advising of increased monthly payment

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Email from PN advising of increased monthly payment

In the many years I have been with PN, I have always been on a "Broadband only - no phone" contract. I get my phone via a different source, and that goes back long before my PN connection. Now I have had an email from PN advising of an increased monthly payment which includes Line Rental, something I have been paying to the phone supplier.

Am I being forced to pay two Line Rentals? Am I being forced to move my phone to PN? Am I being forced off copper onto fibre?

Any answers? Ta

8 REPLIES 8
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Email from PN advising of increased monthly payment

Thanks for your post, @penneck.

I've had a look into the account and can see that we have sent you the below:

A great offer for you
Switch to a broadband package that includes line rental too and you’ll not only will you make your life easier by having just one bill a month you could also save money. And you can bring your phone number along with you too. And we’ve got just the offer for you Unlimited broadband and line rental for £21.99 a month for 12 months. It has all you need at a great price.

Was this the email that you refer to?

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Hello OskarPapa,

Yes that was the email. As I understand it, if I accept your offer, it takes me away from my present telephone supplier completely, particularly as I can pay them by a regular monthly amount for the calls, something I don't know that PN supports (and I get a paper statement listing all calls I make).

What happens if I don't accept your offer? What happens if I want to stay as I am? I am perfectly happy with my present situation.

I went into My Account to try to find answers, and that seemed set up just to get me to go onto fibre.

I'm not saying I wont take up your offer. I just want to know all of the pros and cons before I do.

In the meantime, thankyou for your help

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @penneck.

The short answer is that you can 100% stay as you are with no detriment.

If paper billing is an important part of your phone service, I'd recommend staying as you are as we aren't able to provide that service.

The only crux is that if you were ever to move to phone and broadband you would not be able to go back to broadband only after December, as we won't be offering it to new customers.

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I just got this poorly written email, it really does not give clear concise information, I assume it means as a broadband only subscriber, I will pay £2 more in the near future, however if I want to choose phonelie and broadband I can fix the price.

For something important like a price increase and potential product change, please can these emails be clearer! or is confusion the plan?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @orby, thanks for your post.

No - it's certainly NOT the case that we're deliberately trying to confuse customers.

I'll pass your feedback along to the relevant team for their review.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Hello @orby and @OskarPapa 

I agree with you Orby, the email isn't clear, and I wondered about the £2 - was that just an increase on what I have now, or what was it mentioned for if that wasn't the reason for it

OskarPapa - your reply has answered my main query, but even your answer didn't mention the £2 in spite of you saying I could stay as I am "without detriment". A price increase is some detriment, even if not much.

However, at least now I have a clearer idea of what my choices are before I make a decision

Thanks to both of you. I think I can go away now, and think about the future.

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks for the reply and info, I still feel happy with my Plusnet fibre connection even with a £2 increase, even if it is roughly double the RPI. The service has been excellent for the 3 years I've had it with virtually no downtime or reduction in speed ever and the same for the ADSL service I had for the previous 6 years. As long as it stays this good I'm happy to pay a fair price for a decent reliable service. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're welcome @penneck @orby,

Let us know if you have any further queries please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team