cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earning too much in referrals? How about we delete your account then.

rikaitch2

Earning too much in referrals? How about we delete your account then.

I joined PN in 2003, back when there was no business accounts etc. Immediately I started signing up customers for you, and getting referrals for the new signings. In 2010 I moved to Ireland, and I associated the account with a good friend's fax line, just because a) the line didn't (and never would) support broadband and b) they didn't mind me associating to that number for the same reason. I have spoken to them this afternoon, and they assure me that they haven't changed providers for that line (BT) and seeing as the line rental wasn't part of the package I signed up for with PN, it shouldn't make a difference. I took the cheapest package (£7.50) just so I could keep the account active, and with the £20ish I was earning a month in referrals, it would always been paid.
Recently I noticed that again, referral payments had ceased, something that's always happened and is a sort of glitch in your system. After I queried it, they concurred that I was owed £55, and a cheque was issued. A week later and this happens. I am 99% sure that this is what's caused the account to be closed. Someone, in their infinite wisdom, has spotted that PN aren't earning anything from me, so they are effectively losing money every month. The way to solve this? Claim that the line has been taken over ("slammed") and that the account is closed. I have lost my entire web presence, and to be told that any further emails will now be lost is just terrifying. Another suspicious clue is that apparently I was emailed on the 19th to be told that the account was now in the process of being closed, but the account had already been not working for over 24 hours. In the old days I would have spoken to someone that was sympathetic and would have had it sorted in a few hours. Now I have to argue with customer support, explain why I have the account, that I live in Ireland, etc etc repeatedly and I feel that it is beneficial for you to treat me like an unwanted customer just so that you can close the account, something I am extremely unhappy about. In the meantime, I just twiddle my thumbs while someone "looks into it" for me.
I have been speaking to a few people via facebook, because I cannot communicate via email. I used to have another account on here, with 212 posts, but again that doesn't seem to recognise my password. I can't reset my password because it would need my PN email address, so I have had to create a new account linked to my gmail account. 

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Earning too much in referrals? How about we delete your account then.

Hi @rikaitch2, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had recently and the lack of action to try and rectify this for you.

I've responded to your message over on Facebook and after checking over the account I have also started taking steps to restore services that you've lost such as the mailbox and webspace and have responded in more detail via the account Here.

You should now be able to re-create the missing mailbox and following this, we'll be able to raise this with the relevant department to try and restore a snapshot backup of emails that will have been deleted when the mailbox was closed.

You should also have access back to your webspace, however at the moment it looks like this may just be a holding page, but I've also raised this to see if we can restore a backup of this also.

There's still work to do, but we'll need to discuss that with another team when they're back in tomorrow. I'd do this myself for you, however I'm afraid I won't be back in until Monday once my shift finishes this evening, however I'll make sure it's handed over and picked up by a colleague in my absence.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rikaitch2

Harry is a bit of a hero. A week of talking to people, being transferred to the correct department, explaining again, being told it's not possible, being told it's not PN's policy, being told it's always been that way, being told it's my problem, not theirs. Along comes Harry. I now have back my emails (even the old ones), and the accounts are all up and running again, and my webspace is back along with my domain. The only problem I now have is the files on my webspace have all gone, but he assures me they will find them on a previous back up and restore them. Even my referrals are back and working, earning me £14.50 a month. I'm a happy bunny.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Good to hear it is almost all restored correctly. Smiley