cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination charges?

nathan360
Hooked

Early termination charges?

Hi, I've recently put an order through with my new provider. My new provider takes over on the 30th.

My contract ends on the 10th February and my bill date is the 11th February. Also my direct debit date is the 18th.

I just had an email saying my termination charges are calculated at £11.61. I'm wondering now exactly what do I owe to plusnet on the 11th February when the final bill comes? Will it be £11.61 plus my normal monthly amount. Or will it be £11.61 plus whatever it has cost up to the 30th when my new provider takes over?

Any help with clearing this all up will be much appreciated as it's never straight forward these things. Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Early termination charges?

Hi @nathan360, I'm sorry to hear you are leaving.

The email you have received will contain the cancellation charges as it currently stands the day the email is sent out, but once you account actually closes, a final invoice will generate including the correct termination charge (based on the date your service actually ceased). The final bill will also contain any other amounts owed (either to yourself or to us).

If you are leaving our service on the 30th, you have already paid for your service for this monthly period (as we bill you a month in advance) and therefore your final invoice will contain an adjustment off the termination fee for services not used between 31/01 - 10/02. Any call charges made incurred after your last bill will also be included on the final invoice.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions please just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Early termination charges?

When this happened to me, I also got an incorrect charge. On the advice of a Plusnet staffer, I just cancelled my direct debit, to prevent the wrong amount being debited.