cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination charges query

PjayP

Early termination charges query

I took out a 12 month line saver rental in April 2019.

This is up for renewal in April 2020

At the same time I took out an 18 month unlimited fibre broadband subscription which will end in October 2020.

As I understand things, from April 2020 onward I can simply pay a monthly line rental of £19.99 pm until October 2020 at which point my broadband subscription will be up for renewal. I can then negotiate a new deal with Plusnet or leave without incurring any cancellation or termination fees.

If I wanted to leave in April 2020, my broadband contract would still be in place.

What I'm not sure about is what the early termination charge would be for the broadband subscription. I currently pay £5 per month for this so still have 6 months to pay = £30.

Can a forum member or moderator please advise what the early termination charge would be if I cancel my broadband subscription in April 2020?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Early termination charges query

@PjayP 

I'm afraid that it doesn't work that way. The 18 month contract is for broadband and phone. You will be charged arounf £11/12 per month.

It is always worth ringing Plusnet in April and ask if you can negotiate a new contract starting on the next billing date. If you don't ask you don't get.

For information, the Moderators are long suffering fellow customers who do the job on a voluntary basis.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

PjayP

OK many thanks for the clarification.

It'll probably be easier to just pay the monthly rental for the next 6 months and then take out a new contract.

(Memo to self - don't take out multiple contracts that aren't co-terminus!)

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @PjayP

Thank you for your query.

Further information of our early termination fees can be found here.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team