cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination charge outside of minimum term?

Pyrotequila

Early termination charge outside of minimum term?

Hi all,

my contract expires on the 19th of February and as I called Plusnet and they weren't interested in offering me any kind of deal I decided to jump ship.

So I've signed up to a new provider and told them that I want my contract and line to get switched over on the 19th of February...simple right?

Today I've had an email off Plusnet telling me that they've had the request to move my line across and that as it's an early termination, here is a link to the charges web page...

So now I'm very confused!

Should I give them a bell and clarify it? Or just ignore it as I know I'm out of contract on the date of the switch?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Early termination charge outside of minimum term?

As far as I'm aware the early termination fee we advise in the sorry you're leaving email is calculated from the day the order is placed rather than when it's expected to complete. 

Worth noting that if your contract ends on 19th February technically this would be at 23:59:59 so I'd always advise to move the day after. 

You're going to be out of contract so this won't affect you but if you left while in a contract term, the actual early termination fee we generate would go from the point the transfer completed. 

When you've said we weren't willing to offer you any kind of deal I find that's a bit odd as we definitely do have renewal offers, I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632. Happy to arrange for somebody from the team to call you back if you'd want to give us another shot and stay with us? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts/Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pyrotequila

I gave customer services a call and explained that my contract was ending, the guy on the phone offered me £28 a month for the same package, so an increase of £5 a month.

I asked if there was anything cheaper and he said no...never offered anything else, so not super impressed.

I've contacted the new provider and told them to change the date to the 20th of Feb.

So thank you for that advice.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

While we'd love to always be able to offer the same deal or better upon renewal, unfortunately it's not always possible.

Happy to still arrange for somebody to call you back if you'd want to discuss this further. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet