cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination charge after being told there would be none.

FIXED
BrianH

Early termination charge after being told there would be none.

As my speed is a fraction of the USO, I am terminating the fixed line in favour of 4G.

The account review email I received 11/06/20 said "If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice. "

So I rang discussed leaving and was told that transferring my number out to a VOIP provider would count as notice. I asked the provider to delay the transfer to ensure the fourteen days notice applied. 

I then receive the email stating "Because you're moving your broadband and phone before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £7.06. "

Why?

Incompetence, left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, or a love of litigation?

As live chat offline, used twitter direct messaging as instructed three days ago, no response.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Early termination charge after being told there would be none.

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @BrianH 

Could you drop me a PM with a screenshot of the email you've received so I can investigate further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

At the moment Plusnet are unable to take payment by phone, so cancel the direct debit with your bank, call them and they waive all charges under £10.

BrianH

It's been sorted via PM