cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early leaving fee

BurntToast
Grafter

Re: Early leaving fee

I've told them, they just say everything is fine. 
No matter.  I'm not going to get anywhere with Plusnet so the decision of what to do is mine to make.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've commented on the ticket for you with a link back here. An engineer will probably be required which we hope will fix it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"I''ve told them, they just say everything is fine."
That's all I've been told on the couple of occasions of reporting a loss of download speed from 5 to 3.5 mb/s. In spite of a wired connection into the test socket for the past year.
I'm resigned to just suck it up and bide my time until my contracted term expires.
My next door neighbour achieves 5mb/s on the same exchange and same pole.
BurntToast
Grafter

It's great now.  Seems to be the answer, get up in the middle of the night!
No doubt in the morning it'll be back to sludge.  I can't just suck it up for the contract length because it's unusable when it's slow as pages don't load at all.  Email just about downloads which shows that the connection is still live.
Thank you plusnettony.  I didn't really intend this thread to be about the connection speeds, just was asking about the leaving fee so apologies for that.
KirstyA

@BurntToast - No reason to apologise, we're happy to help and we may as well take the opportunity to see if there's anything we can do. Speaking of which, we have a theory that we would like to test out. We suspect that your speed issue may have something to do with a setting in the router that may have been incorrectly set when we sent it out to you. We've carried out some work that may have rectified that but we would need you to reset your router to confirm. If you can do that, please let us know how you get on afterwards.
@newagetraveller - Sorry to hear your speed has dropped. We've reset the line to try and increase your speeds, which can take about 2 hours to take effect. Would you kindly let us know if this has an impact?
BurntToast
Grafter

Thank you.  The line is very good just now and has been since some time yesterday when it disconnected and reconnected.  I presume that was when you did something.  
Do I still need to reset it myself?
Here's hoping it's good from now.  And thank you very much if it is.  Still every time I hit a link I'm holding my breath to see if it loads or has gone to mush, I'll have to learn to trust it I guess!
Edit:  By the way, do I get any refund for having no proper connection for 4 months seeing as it appears to have been down to your error? 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Ideally I'd like to confirm it's all fixed before we do that (Wouldn't want to tempt sod's law)
Can you keep a eye over it this weekend?
If the issue does return please try a reset first though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

"@newagetraveller - Sorry to hear your speed has dropped. We've reset the line to try and increase your speeds, which can take about 2 hours to take effect. Would you kindly let us know if this has an impact? "
I'm away from home until next Friday so unable to check until then. I doubt it will have changed for the better.
It's strange that when I first joined Madasafish years ago my estimated speed according to BT was 4.5 to 7mb/s and the lower speed was always achieved, usually more. Now, since my drop in speed over the past year this estimate has fallen to 3.5 to 5mb/s. So it looks to me that if there's a drop in speed the goalpost are moved so that the achieved speed is just withing the estimate and it can be reported that there's nothing wrong with your line or connection? Embarrassed I was getting 4.5 to 5mb/s 12 months ago.
There's nil chance of cable ever and for the foreseeable future no FTTC in my area. I have had to cancel a Netflix subscription and no longer watch anything on Youtube because of the constant buffering which really makes watching anything a bit pointless. I raised  tickets  about this last year and was just given a load of technical gobbeldegook as part of a fob off response. Part of which consisted of the previous paragraph excuse.
I see a red internet light on my router quite regularly and have to do a soft disconnect and connect to get rid of it. That's form day one with PN.
BurntToast
Grafter

I feel like my thread has been hijacked!  Ahem!
I haven't been around much over the weekend so don't feel it's tested properly.  I've done a reset just so's it's all clean and neat, and it was okay after.  Has since dropped the line and reconnected and still seems okay.
Have just received an update from tech saying they are sending me another router.  Not sure why but I'll take it and see.
I'm not overenamoured with the routers, I'd like to use RouterStats which seems impossible now so I will probably look into buying another router anyway.
Will see how the connection holds up today and tonight.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear things seem better.
I can cancel the replacement router if you'd like?
I don't think it will make much difference.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

"I feel like my thread has been hijacked!  Ahem!"
That will be me, sorry. Embarrassed
It's just so frustrating when I know there is something wrong for over 12 months and my tickets and a past thread I started just receive a PN fob off!  Sad
BurntToast
Grafter

Well, things seem to be okay.  So do I assume that it was the MTU setting which was wrong?  If so, it does seem a bit odd that it completely messed up my connection while for others it just stopped them from using some websites.  I have received another router, now have to send it back!!
Just for good measure I have today turned the central heating back on just to make sure it wasn't that messing things up, and I have checked with the guy downstairs to be sure that the tube trains and ThamesLink trains that run by don't affect his connection... They don't.
Ironically, I have now found a good alternative LLU supplier.. a small company too and I like supporting small companies... will definitely keep them in mind.
So as it has taken 4 months to get a decent connection can I please have my money back, £12.49 x 4 = £49.96
With thanks..
BurntToast
Grafter

No response to my request for a refund.  I'll raise a complaint.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry that this didn't get picked up.
Let me look into this for you.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BurntToast
Grafter

No worries.  It's been sorted now.  Thanks to Andrew who sorted my refund.