cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early leaving fee

BurntToast
Grafter

Early leaving fee

Where do I find out how much it costs to leave early?  I'm on broadband only, on a 12 month contract with about 8 months left. 
I can't take it any more.  Fluctuating speeds are a nightmare.  They just tell me that everything is fine but they aren't here where everything goes to a crawl every ten minutes or so for five minutes.  It's impossible to do anything.  I can't do a speed test when it's crawling because the page doesn't open.
Anyway that's my moan, how much to get out?  I don't see anything on my account about it.
29 REPLIES 29
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Early leaving fee

Cancellation charges should be here (ignore the cease charge) https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
BurntToast
Grafter

Thank you.,  that took just 8 minutes to load!
I expect I would have to pay the cessation fee as I will go with an LLU provider to avoid this again.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

not necessarily - in fact you shouldn't
looking at your earlier posts are you testing wired or wireless
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

However, if the problem is due to a line fault it will move with you wherever you go...
BurntToast
Grafter

Wired.
If it's the actual line and nothing to do with plusnet then the only way I'll know that is to try LLU.  That will show something if not everything.  I didn't have any problems LLU living at the other end of the same street.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

A very expensive way to find out!
What gas been the result of any engineering visits?
BurntToast
Grafter

My leaving fee is 60 quid.  That's not very expensive.  It's difficult though to find an LLU service that doesn't want me to take the phone line with them.  I shall research.
There's been no mention of sending engineers.  Why would there?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

From this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137251 it would appear that you haven't raised a fault or provided the information we asked for to help in diagnosis
BurntToast
Grafter

I have raised a fault. 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you confirm if you're using a wired or wireless connection? The connection speeds between the router and the exchange look good at around 19Mbs, so that's not causing any issues there.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BurntToast
Grafter

Wired connection.  It actually dropped the line altogether just then.  It doesn't usually, just goes totally sluggish.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It seems that the ticket has been returned based on sync speeds. If you are still around, please provide results of the throughout from the BT Speedtester including the further diagnostics. Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
BurntToast
Grafter

Tell me if there's much point in doing that because when it's fine as of this moment the test will be fine.  When it's like wading through molasses as for the last five minutes I can't do any tests because nothing will load.
It's actually been great for two and a half days, sat afternoon, sun and mon were good.  Tuesday morning the line dropped completely and it came back awful.  It's the same today (wednesday).  I really don't know what to do.  Looking at LLU it seems to be Sky or TalkTalk neither of which I want to do, so I'm a bit stuck.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

When it's working at full speed there isn't any point. Ideally, we need to see tests from when it's poor. If it's so bad you can't do them, don't worry about it, just ensure the faults team understands this when you raise comment/speak to them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team