cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exit fee

chevalier

Early exit fee

I am moving to France for my new job in about a month, so I might have to terminate my fibre broadband and phone contract before its expiry date, which should be November 18th. Before I make an official request, I would just like to enquire about the possible charges for terminating the contract early, in order to avoid any surprises. Could anyone please list all the charges that will apply if, for example, I terminate the contract 40 days before the expiry date? Thanks a lot.
9 REPLIES 9
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Early exit fee

You should be able to find the information here under "Broadband and Phone early termination charges." 40 days probably counts as 2 months. Sad
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

To see what the cancellation fees are now
go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
You will be asked for your Plusnet username and password to get to that screen.
And add up all the amounts which say "upon cancellation"
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
chevalier

Thanks for your answer, I have checked my account summary and I have found the following items:
Unlimited Fibre Broadband        £55.80(upon cancellation) Status: Complete
Cessation charge                        £30.00(upon cancellation) Status: Activated
Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router £40.00                                        Status: Delivery
Shall I be charged 30 quids + early termination monthly fee, or even more? Can I get the confirmation from a Plusnet staff please?
adie:quote
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Chevalier,
The current early termination fee on your account is £55.80.
However if the services are ceased (As I'm assuming they will be in this case) as opposed to migrated to another provider using a recognised migration method, then the £30 cease fee will also be applicable.
Your total cancellation fee at this time would be £85.80.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has the £40 router cost been written off? (not clear from the information provided). I'd have expected it's status to be Expired if it had.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The £40 router cost isn't applicable, which is why it doesn't say (upon cancellation) after it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@chevalier, There's been a few threads in the past regarding incorrect termination fees showing on accounts. You might want to read through this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139625.0.html and linked threads to get the gist of the problems and then review what's on your account

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chevalier

Thanks a lot for your answers. Apparently the amount of early termination fee is not correctly calculated as I have paid for the line rental saver for the whole year. But if I keep paying for the contract and terminate the broadband at the end of the 12th month, will the cessation fee be waived?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I'm afraid the cessation fee is always applicable if you terminate the account (rather than migrate to another supplier) irrespective of whether you're still in a contract or not . It's the charge that BTw make to cease the broadband service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.