cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early cancellation charge - switching from Plusnet to another provider - expected it to be free?

Chippytea

Early cancellation charge - switching from Plusnet to another provider - expected it to be free?

Just wondering - we can now get 1Gbit fibre in my area. The fibre provider stated that because Plusnet had issued me an email that they would be increasing their prices above RPI (Plusnet say RPI *plus* 3.9%) on 09/02/22 that I should be able to leave them without penalty.

However, Plusnet are now saying I owe £91.41 or so as an early termination charge.

Having done a bit of investigation I think I'm right in saying that, because I gave my notice to cancel within 30 days of receiving the price increase email - and the fact my switchover is due within 30 days of receiving that email (04/03/22) - I should be able to leave without paying this charge?

Anyone else come across this?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Early cancellation charge - switching from Plusnet to another provider - expected it to be free?

@Chippytea 

If you check back to the contract to which you agreed I fear that it probably includes the CPI plus 3.9% clause. If this is the case then your argument has no merit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Early cancellation charge - switching from Plusnet to another provider - expected it to be free?

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still