cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination

nickroyle
Hooked

Early Termination

I know this has been asked before but I haven't seen any responses that actually give me the detailed information I need.

I am strongly considering leaving Plusnet although I'm only 5 months into a two year contract so I'll expect to be hit with Early Termination Fees - even though the recent email from PN about price increases says I can leave without Plusnet themselves can't make their mind up whether I would be liable for early termination or not. (This doesn't surprise me as their administrative incompetence is the main reason I want to leave....)

So I want to work out the worst case scenario for Early Termination to see how much it might potentially cost me. 

I've found the page on how to calculate the fees but there's a grey area which talks about BT Wholesale charges being deducted but that doesn't help me as there doesn't seem to be any way to find out what they are. 

I do have an open support case which is running with [CSA Removed] in the Social Media team - she's having to manually apply a discount to my account every month because my fixed price wasn't carried over as it should have been when I moved. 

Is anyone able to help me? I have a line rental via PlusNet with Caller ID and then a FTTC connection giving me around 69Mbps. I don't have any other products - I currently pay £40.58 per month and (depending on who you listen to within Plusnet my "contract" possibly ends in November 2022.

I'd rather not call Customer Options because I've not had a good experience with them. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
1 REPLY 1
nickroyle
Hooked

Re: Early Termination

Also I received an email last week advising that I can leave without penalty because of the imminent price increase - is that binding on PlusNet irrespective of anything else in my contract?