Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Charges

FIXED
Ivor1
Hooked

Early Termination Charges

I transferred to BT on 4th August because of fibre becoming available and 52/10 package meeting my needs. I was emailed an early termination charge of £7.23. Today I have been told that my final bill will be £22.81 - based on 36p per day for 80 days minus some credit. I couldn't get any clarification from Plusnet of where this charge is mentioned in any price guide. The £7.23 does equate with charges for early termination given in the price guide -Broadband & phone(line rental saver). The young man I spoke to didn't understand why the £7.23 charge was still on my Account Summary and seemed as confused as me.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 179

Re: Early Termination Charges

Hi @Ivor1, I'm sorry to hear you've left and even more sorry to see that the early termination charges on your account are incorrect.

I've discussed this with the advisor that put the final fees on your account and they've made a note to ensure the difference is refunded back to you.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

All the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Ivor1
Hooked

Harry

Thank you for your help and speedy resolution of the problem. Unfortunately for Plusnet, these episodes tend to have a lasting effect.

Ivor1
Hooked

After thinking my problem was solved by Harry last week I now have 2 problems.

1 My account now shows broadband cancellation charges of£39.81 whereas it was £7.23 when Harry intervened and still a cessation charge of£30.00.

2 I have just received an email - "Thank you for clearing the outstanding balance on your Unlimited (Contracted without phone) account.Your account has now been reactivated.All of your accounts features will be reactivated now.It normally takes up to 30 minutes............Plus a payment of £13.49 taken on 18 August"

What is going on? I transferred to BT Infinity on 4 August and I assumed I had left Plusnet problems behind me with Harry's intervention.Phone waiting time is over 30 minutes and anyway last time I couldn't talk to anyone who understood the situation.

I would be pleased if Harry or any Staff member could look at my account and sort out whatever the problem may be, I am very advanced in years and don't need this sort of hassle.

Many thanks.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 179

Fix

Apologies for any confusion.

The payment was already processing when I previously responded to you, however the notes were updated appropriately and are in hand with our billing team to ensure the relevant refund is issued when they work the ticket to finalise the closure of the account.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Ivor1
Hooked

HarryB

Not convinced by the figures on my account any what does the email mean?