cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Charges

asmith161
Hooked

Early Termination Charges

Recently chose to leave Plus Net for a better deal elsewhere. Was told at time of cancellation there would be no charges. Have received a bill stating:

Early Termination - Unlimited Fibre Extra 10/09/20 10/09/20 £28.08

Early Termination - Line Rental 10/09/20 10/09/20 £76.41

I was already at the end of my contract. Please can these be looked into and removed from my final bill immediately. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
asmith161
Hooked

Re: Early Termination Charges

Direct Debit for these payments has now bounced. Please can someone contact me regarding this today.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @asmith161

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear about issues you are experiencing.

I have looked into your account and unfortunately I am unable to find any information or note on account that there will be no early termination charges on your account.

According to this contract, you were still within contract period.

According to this message, you were informed that there will be Early Termination Charges after account will be closed.

asmith161
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately those links do not work. Please could the information be sent via email?

asmith161
Hooked

Thank you for all that information. You have quoted an email from November 2019 that's states the following:
"Total: £37.49 per month for 18 months on a new 18-month contract then £49.98 per month thereafter"

If I have not completed my 18 month contract and so was able to leave without early termination fees can you explain why my bill on 07/08/20 was £49.01 and my bill on 07/09/20 was £49.98? I took the decision to leave Plus Net as these bills suggested my introductory price was over and so I was able to leave without paying early termination fees. Can you also explain why these charges were also not mentioned when I called to cancel my services on the phone.

Please advise.
Thanks
asmith161
Hooked

Please can someone get back to me regarding this today. Thanks
asmith161
Hooked

I am still looking to resolve this issue. Please can someone contact me today
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @asmith161,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you and for the delay in getting back to you on here. I can see that you have since discussed this with an advisor and they have arranged a refund for the overpayment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
asmith161
Hooked

Hi,

I was told a refund was going to be paid and I have been waiting for that to arrive before paying the remaining early termination fees. Unfortunately no refund has been received. Please can this be paid immediately so I can pay the remaining fees today.

Thanks
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @asmith161,

Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused. It may take 5-10 working days for the refund to reach you. I'll add a note to your account to state that you will pay the termination fee once you have received the refund.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I suspect it would be beyond the capabilities of Plusnet's hopeless billing system but the obvious and logical solution would be to deduct the refund amount from the termination fee and then let that be the required payment. However that isn't going to happen.😫

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@RealAleMadrid That is what should happen.

@asmith161 Upon further investigation the refund request is stuck in the system as we generally can't manually issue a refund once's an account's closed (Only through the final bill that's done automatically).

Moreover I've done some digging and I've created a support ticket with more information you can view by going Here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet