Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Charge

CBR600
Grafter

Early Termination Charge

Hi

I just switched providers due to the upcoming price increase.

Why am i getting charged £44 when i'm leaving within 30 days of the email notification ?

Hello ,xxxxx

Account username: xxxxx

Phone number affected: 01xxxxxxxxx

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us.

Another service provider has told us that you're moving your broadband and phone service away from Plusnet.

If you've already received an email from us with information about the transfer of one of your services, please ignore it and refer only to the information contained within this email.

Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 12th August 2016 and will result in the cancellation of all your Plusnet services.

If that's not right, or you'd like to speak to someone about your account, call us as soon as possible for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, before 4pm on 10thAugust 2016. The sooner you call the easier it is to change things.

When you leave Plusnet

You'll receive a final bill with the charges you need to pay.

As you're moving your service before the end of your minimum term, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months. Based on your transfer date, we've calculated this to be £44.00. This may change if your transfer date changes.

Please can someone sort this out !

Thanks

J

21 REPLIES 21
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Early Termination Charge

As you spoke to our customer options team, they should have removed the early termination charges from your account. I've just removed these now so you won't be charged them.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CBR600
Grafter

Thanks Chris for your swift action Smiley

I really wish PlusNet was what it used to be but i just can't take it anymore.

Thanks again for sorting it so quickly.

Cheers

J

Mantaray
Grafter

Hi
I have just received the same, please remove the charges from my account.

There is even a note on my account, so this shouldn't have happened. Please confirm these have been removed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

They've been removed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Billabong1

Hi,

I am moving to BT and my email about the increased was received on July 22 and so within the 30 days.

Could you please check if the £26.40 can be removed. 

When you leave Plusnet

You'll receive a final bill with the charges you need to pay.

As you're moving your service before the end of your minimum term, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months. Based on your transfer date, we've calculated this to be £26.40. This may change if your transfer date changes.

Thanks,

K

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi billabong1,

The best thing to do is contact our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and then press option 1 then option 2 and they will run through everything for you regarding this and what the next steps are.

Billabong1

HI BenB,

I will try. The problem is that very time I call it seems to be a 15 minute wait. I will try again tonight.

K

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Billabong1,

No worries if you can try and call earlier it would be better for you but following the instructions I have given you will get through sooner and they shut at 8pm tonight.

SwindonMan8
Dabbler

I have now left Plusnet recently but also remember the great days with Plusnet, I have had numerous automated messages asking me to resubmit my DD details, so frustrating.

Regards.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@SwindonMan8 wrote:

I have had numerous automated messages asking me to resubmit my DD details

Have any of these come through following the account being closed on 18/08/16? Or are you referring to the automated messages that came through when payment details were removed from the account before it had been fully closed?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SwindonMan8
Dabbler

Hi,  Came through when payment details were removed from the account before it had been fully closed.

Regards.

richhill

Hi

My 12 months is up on 3 November, and I will probably change provider to keep costs down. I paid everything up front with the line saver package and don't use my landline. If I sign up with someone else, will there be any early termination charge, considering everything for 12 months is already paid?

Thanks

R.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@richhill

Welcome to the forums.

Any early termination fees are detailed at https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary (login required) in the cost column with the literal "(upon cancellation)" after the value.

Also if you swap to a provider who uses LLU then you will be charged £30 disconnection fee from the BTW network.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @richhill

Further to the advice given by @SpendLessTime it may be worth speaking to our Customer options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Select the option for thinking of leaving) to see what deal they could offer on a new contract if you'd be interested in staying with us and re-contracting on a new deal.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet