cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Cancellation

mikeg1bson
Dabbler

Early Cancellation

I want to switch providers before the end of my 18 month contract which ends in August 2019.  The reason I want to move is because Plusnet's service fails to meet what I would describe as basic levels of service.

I won't bore everyone with the details but Plusnet are without doubt the worse ISP I have used.  Given the failure to provide a consistent service, I do not intend paying cancellation charges.  However, I have read similar threads where Plusnet have simply taken money from people's accounts.

This is probably not the right place to ask the question of how one cancels the service yet avoid paying cancellation charges.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Early Cancellation

You would be better off describing why you are unhappy with the service you are receiving. There's a resonable chance that your problems would be resolved.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mikeg1bson
Dabbler

DNS lookup issues that no one at Plusnet can address; 8 line drops a day that no one can address.

At the end of the day, broadband is a commodity, I see little benefit battling with a poor supplier when I can easily go elsewhere.  I just don't see why anyone should pay for switching from a poor supplier.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @mikeg1bson

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you're experiencing connection issues and that your frustrations around the DNS issue continue.

I can see that my colleagues Alisdair (@masterofreality) and Adam (@adamwalker) have responded to your other DNS related threads here and here. As much as I'd like to give you further information on the DNS issues you've raised, I'm afraid I don't know any more than you have already been told - I can see that @MasterOfReality has shared everything we have to share at this stage.

In terms of your connection drops, this isn't something that is being echoed on your physical connection which you can view for the last 30 days here. Although some drops are present, they aren't at the frequency which you describe, which leads me to believe the issue potentially relates to a factor unassociated with your connection to the BTW exchange.

Looking over the history of your account, It doesn't appear that we've attempted to troubleshoot the drops in your connection at this stage. To that end, I'd recommend getting your router into the test socket of your premises as per here and then raising a fault here if the drops continue to occur naturally (eg, they aren't being caused by you rebooting the router).

Please let us know if you raise a fault and we'll be happy to pick that up for you.

Best wishes

Dave