cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to changes made to the Plusnet system I keep receiving threats of legal action - closed account

dansrobinson

Due to changes made to the Plusnet system I keep receiving threats of legal action - closed account

I closed my account with Plusnet in July and keep receiving requests for payment which I do not owe. 

I have called Plusnet a number of times in relation to this matter and was told by customer services that the matter was dealt with.

However, I received further emails from David Leather threatening legal action.

The last time I called Plusnet in September, I was told that the system had been changed and that it could not be updated to close my account. 

The operator I spoke with told me he would set a 'grace period' for payment so that I was not sent any further messages, and informed me that he would take action to close the account on the system when he was able.

I have since received a threat of legal action from David Leather, stating that the grace period expired.

I have been unable to contact Plusnet by phone. The queue is always approximately 25 minutes. I work in court and do not have long enough to wait in my infrequent breaks. 

I have been unable to contact Plusnet by email. No email is listed.

I have been unable to contact Plusnet by online chat. The facility is permanently greyed out.

I have submitted a complaint via Resolver with no response.

Please deal with this as a matter of urgency, it has been a number of stressful weeks and it is absolutely disgraceful

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Due to changes made to the Plusnet system I keep receiving threats of legal action - closed a...

Hi @dansrobinson,

Please allow me to apologise for this issue. I have taken a look into your account today and I have raised a ticket in response to this, which can be viewed here.

If you have any further queries please let us know and we will be happy to assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dansrobinson

Re: Due to changes made to the Plusnet system I keep receiving threats of legal action - closed a...

Hi, this matter is still not resolved. Today I received another letter from Oriel Collections agency who are pursuing me for the debt. I spoke to Plusnet on Friday who assured me the debt has been recalled. What on earth is going on???

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

There are several other (Ex)users experiencing the same issue.

Have you reported this to OFCOM to get it on formal record?  https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint

It's not clear from your post whether you have suffered any financial penalties yet, but you may need to raise a claim in the Small Claims Court to recover any expenses incurred and re-instatement of any negative impact on your credit rating.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dansrobinson

Thanks Maurice, I haven't yet suffered any financial penalty and I will make sure nothing is lodged against me in the county court. Whilst trying to get the debt recalled I have made a formal complaint to Plusnet. If I don't receive a financial settlement from them for my time spent fighting this, I intend to escalate up to Ombudsman. I had not, I confess, thought of reporting to Ofcom but will do so. Appreciate your assistance. 

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @dansrobinson

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving these emails for outstanding payments and that you have had difficulties in contacting us.

I can see we have raised a ticket on your account in response to your query.

You can view the latest information by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.