Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade due to Plusnet Error

rbroadbe
Grafter

Re: Downgrade due to Plusnet Error

Morning All..

Managed to get to test socket this morning but results look same to me...  Screenshot 2020-10-22 081511.jpg

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@rbroadbe 

The fact that your download exceeds 40Mbps confirme that you are on the 55/10 service.

This however still begs the question whether there is a problen with your connection or whether the Plusnet 55Mbps 'endstop' is incorrectly set.

It might be instructive to look at your connection stats and watch the sync speed and SNR over a few days if we get no input from a Plusnet staffer to see if this gives us a clue. I think that this data is buried somewhere in the Helpdesk pages on a Hub One. I don't know as I haven't got one in my junk box to check.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@rbroadbe  you have done it again, posted the wrong information! A speed test will not change, it was  the router stats that will show a difference if it is your wiring that is causing the issues.

rbroadbe
Grafter

sorry again.....it was early, the coffee hadn't kicked in but I did take a screenshot earlier today to help me monitor it over time.

Untitled picture.png

and then below is what its at now..

Untitled picture1.png

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Not much difference there, so not your wiring if it is wired correctly.

Alas I don't think there will be a lot you can do, PN will say you are still within the range they give you so unless you get a keen member of staff you probably won't get a DLM reset.

I think you would get on better if you were on Fibre extra 80 20, at least then they would investigate.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@rbroadbe 

I note that the first screen grab shows that it was only an hour and a half since the hub was reset. Is it dropping out? You're not making the classic error of switching it off at night? If so then this is quite likely to trigger the DLM to slow your line speed thinking that you have a fault.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

rbroadbe
Grafter

No its not dropping - that was just after I'd switched it to the test socket.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, I'll monitor it a few days and then raise an issue with plusnet.