Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double payment

FIXED
vinylfan

Double payment

Hello!

This is my first time on here and am wondering if anyone else has had two payments taken?

It has been a long day so didn't check my bank account till gone 11pm and found that when I phoned earlier this day and made a payment over the phone I actually have had the payment taken out twice.

The irony is that as a disabled customer I felt more comfortable doing this on the phone talking to a human being.

The guy took my details and said he had made an error and that I had to give all my details a second time, which I did.

I am now fuming as I can ill afford paying double, as making payments that are genuine is proving difficult enough as it is, being charge twice is really frightening as I cannot phone (phone line closed) and the chat line is unavailable,

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Double payment

Fix

Hi there.

I've checked your account and there's only one payment showing as been received.

It's possible that the duplicate payment is kept in a holding period with your bank and when they realise we've not taken a second payment they should release the funds. I'd recommend contacting your bank with regards to a timeframe etc.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vinylfan

A quick update re "double payment" the issue has now been resolved by my bank, who confirmed that only one payment had gone through to Plusnet, the second payment "held" by my bank. This obviously happened as a result of feeding my details of my debit card into the system twice, although reassured this was a genuine error I shall make my future payments online to avoid confusion. The irony being that I phoned to make the payment over the phone as I was concerned that I could do something "wrong" by entering the incorrect details. Being over the age of 50 I did not grow up with computers and am a little less confident than I need to be, Those I spoke to at Plusnet were, as always, very helpful and between the Plusnet staff and those that I spoke to at my bank (Lloyds) and myself we got the situation sorted. Moral of this story is for me to have a little more faith in my ability to make online payments.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the concern and inconvenience caused, it's possibly due to a system error.

I'm happy to hear this has been resolved.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet