Did you mean: 

Double charged, cut off, account closed, no refund

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Double charged, cut off, account closed, no refund

Hi @ianandpip

Thanks for coming back to us - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues getting the BT App installed.

Unfortunately, I've replicated this within your account on our side and I'm afraid the issue relates to the earlier problem which my colleague has raised to our software engineers via a ticket here.

Until that issue is fixed, I'm sorry to say that you will not be able to add the BT Sport App to your account.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - as soon as we know more, we'll be in touch.

Best wishes

Dave

Daniel28012
Rising Star

Don't hold your breath I'm still waiting for the December 12th bill on my account.
ianandpip
Grafter

Thank you for confirming that Plusnet are not able to provide access to the BT Sport app at present. As you have been unable to reinstate all of the services that were removed when you closed my account in December, I am considering escalating the complaint to OfCom.

However, here are a couple of suggestions that may resolve the situation until you finally correct the faults.

You could provide a free Youview TV box and subscription on a temporary basis until the BT Sport app becomes available. I am happy to pay the £5 a month subscription for BT Sport.

You could set up a third Plusnet Account and transfer all the existing services to it, plus the BT Sport App. The second account could then be closed.

If either of these suggestions are feasible, please provide a phone number so I can ring you over the weekend.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ianandpip,

I'm very sorry that we are not able to reinstate your BT Sport app at the moment. This is due to a system error which is preventing us from adding any new products to your account. Our back office team are working to resolve this but, unfortunately, we don't yet have an estimated date of when this will be resolved.

We're unable to add Youview to the account at the moment, I'm afraid, as this would be affected by the same issue. In order to setup a new account, we would need to cease the services and then setup a brand new account with a new landline and broadband order. Due to the leadtimes involved, this would involve at least ten days of downtime so probably wouldn't be a feasible solution for you.

I'm sorry that we're not able to provide BT Sport by either of these means and for the inconvenience caused. Once the account issue is resolved we can look into a goodwill gesture for the poor experience that you've had, based on the length of time that this took.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ianandpip
Grafter

As you have been unable to reinstate the services you removed when you closed my account last December, I am referring my complaint regarding the handling of my account and services to Ofcom.

However, I would appreciate an explanation as to why it is necessary to cease services for at least ten days before a new account can be set up. My transfer from BT to Plusnet last September involved downtime of only a couple of hours.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ianandpip 

I am referring my complaint regarding the handling of my account and services to Ofcom.

It is completely within your right and at your discretion to refer your complaint to the relevant regulatory bodies. 

I would appreciate an explanation as to why it is necessary to cease services for at least ten days before a new account can be set up. My transfer from BT to Plusnet last September involved downtime of only a couple of hours.

Transferring from one ISP to another via a Working Line Takeover if much more straight forward than cancelling a line and resetting up a new account. The service stays active and therefore the lead time for this is much shorter (in normal circumstances). 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Rapthorne
Rising Star

If they close your account and remake one it means open reach need to get involved, and they move at a glacial pace
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
ianandpip
Grafter

So why can't Plunet treat this is as a Working Line Takeover rather than cancelling the line and setting up a new account?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ianandpip 

ISPs are unable to take over their own lines as they are already the line holder. The "take over" part of the WLTO indicates that the line is being transfered from one ISP to another.

Thanks, 

MoR

ianandpip
Grafter

Presumably closing this account and opening a new account on the same line but in a different name won't work either?

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @ianandpip, unfortunately not I'm afraid

Regards,

ianandpip
Grafter

Yesterday, I received 2 emails stating that I am owed credits of £8 and £10.99.  The reason given was ‘One off charge refund’.

I checked ticket 186638598, and discovered the following update from March 8:

Due to system error, billing date still in the past, I am unable to apply full refund. I could only apply £26.99 on the February bill.

Total refund due for downtime is £38.62

Less refund applied £26.99

Refund due £11.62.

Can someone please explain these 5 figures? I am still unable to see the February 19th bill.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @ianandpip

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks. 

ianandpip
Grafter

I have responded to ticket 186068998 regarding the problems I am still experiencing with billing on my account

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @ianandpip

Could you please double-check that the overcharge you've highlighted on the above ticket hasn't been resolved by this ticket here?

Thanks,

Dave