Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Billing?

iklesteve

Double Billing?

Script User - Automated Script Pool
5:25pm, Wednesday 26 Jan 2011
An invoice has been raised on your account for £11.49. This payment will now be processed by your bank/building society.

Service Notification
5:25pm, Wednesday 26 Jan 2011
Subject: \'Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment \'
We\'ll soon be taking a payment of £22.98, for your Plusnet service. This will leave your account on or after 31/01/2011.

Huh wha...?! Why is double the invoice being requested via DD?
Have raised a ticket to get this checked - anyone else been double charged this month?
29 REPLIES 29
instantscope

Re: Double Billing?

E-mail arrived today with the same problem.
Member Centre Account details suggests only the correct amount to be debited, but what to believe?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forum
who knows, but they have but out an alert http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1296069988.htm
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Evening folks,
Really sorry about this. Our developers are looking into it (ref: 65521) and we'd appreciate it if those that have opened tickets can close them, as I'm sure the helpdesk have plenty to deal with as it is! Wink
we'll let you know more as soon as the information becomes available...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

psanchez

the same to my invoice, more than double I expected. Where could I make a complain?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forum
, just read the comment above yours
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Guys, I'm pretty sure that whilst the emails are sent out by the billing scripts, we'll have ample opportunity to stop any payment being taken. Sorry if the notices have caused undue concern, but rest assured we'll do everything within our power to avoid you actually getting over billed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Moominfish
Grafter

Got to add to this as I've just checked my E-Mail and it says the same as the other users, and I was a bit puzzled so thought I'd come to the forums to see if anyone else experienced this, also my invoice on the plus.net site says £19.99 not £39.98
We'll soon be taking a payment of £39.98, for your Plusnet service. This will leave your account on or after 31/01/2011.
@ Bob
Can you post back here to confirm we won't be charged double on the 31st when you know more information regarding the error?
Thank you.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why dont you read before you post
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Moominfish
Can you post back here to confirm we won't be charged double on the 31st when you know more information regarding the error?

You won't be charged double.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

iklesteve

Cheers for looking into this Bob, suspected that I wouldn't be the only one affected.
Feel free to refund any overpayment to the card on my account, plus a £1.50 non-direct debit processing charge...  Cheesy (sorry, couldn't resist...)
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've just opened a ticket about this same issue.
Quote from: Bob
...we'd appreciate it if those that have opened tickets can close them, as I'm sure the helpdesk have plenty to deal with as it is! Wink

I'm confused by this request to close it:
1. We're often told on this forum that this forum is not an official support channel, and so we should raise a ticket or phone the CSC.
2. If I close it, but the issue isn't solved, I will have to join the back of the ?multiple? queues if I open a new one.
3. Previous mistakes in billing seem to be "solved" after money has left a customer's account - money is credited on the following month's invoice.  I don't think this is acceptable, as it causes loss of interest, and more crucially it can affect cash flow which hurts those of us on low incomes the most.
4. JoJo has said that we're better off submitting tickets or phoning in (compared to posting on these forums), even when it's an issue shared by many customers - because the CSC Agents will be better able to recognise the issue as a repeating pattern, and so diagnose and solve it.
On the other hand, Bob Pullen, JoJo, and the other staff on the forums seem far more capable and knowledgeable and able to solve problems than the CSC Agents.  So maybe I should follow his request.
Crazy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this official service status has been posted
Incorrect billing notifications (65521) - UPDATE
Other
Posted on: Wednesday 26 January 2011, 22:08
This is an update to this evening's post about some problems we've had with the advanced billing notifications that go out to customers.
You may have received a billing notification email today advising you that we're about to take an amount of money that's more than what you're used to paying.
These emails should not have been sent and can be discounted.
We would like to assure customers that no instructions have been sent to their banks requesting that this money is taken.
We'd like to apolise for any undue concern this has caused and will provide another update tomorrow morning.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
why dont you read before you post

Why don't you wind your neck in before you post..
I posted after Bob did because he (as can clearly be seen below) said,
We'll do everything within our power to avoid you actually getting over billed.

Quote from: Moominfish

@ Bob
Thank you.

So I posted the above to ask him to confirm it which he did do, so what exactly is your problem Pierre? And if you don't have one then think before you post as what I typed was a legitimate query and was answered by Bob, there really was no need for you to comment.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Some bad news I'm afraid guys Sad
It looks like there are a small number of *debit/credit card payers* that have actually been overbilled. I've just updated the Service Status thread to advise of this.
If this has happened to you then rest assured the overcharge will be credited back to your account as soon as possible. If you've incurred any bank charges or similar because of the mistake then raise a ticket on your account and we'll see what we can do to redress the problem.
Those of you paying via Direct Debit needn't worry, as the inflated amount as mentioned in the notification you were sent will *not* be taken from your account.
Again, really sorry about this!
Quote from: snozboz
I've just opened a ticket about this same issue.
...we'd appreciate it if those that have opened tickets can close them, as I'm sure the helpdesk have plenty to deal with as it is! Wink

I'm confused by this request to close it:
1. We're often told on this forum that this forum is not an official support channel, and so we should raise a ticket or phone the CSC.

True, however we're fully aware of what's happened here, we know who it's affected, we've isolated the code that's caused the problem and as such we don't need any further examples being brought to our attention. I have personally closed almost 50 tickets regarding this exact issue this morning.
2. If I close it, but the issue isn't solved, I will have to join the back of the ?multiple? queues if I open a new one.

True, but if you raise a ticket now, it will just be closed back to you suggesting you keep an eye on the open Service Status thread.
3. Previous mistakes in billing seem to be "solved" after money has left a customer's account - money is credited on the following month's invoice.  I don't think this is acceptable, as it causes loss of interest, and more crucially it can affect cash flow which hurts those of us on low incomes the most.

See above. Only card payers are at risk of being overbilled, and we'll apply near-immediate refunds to these accounts.
4. JoJo has said that we're better off submitting tickets or phoning in (compared to posting on these forums), even when it's an issue shared by many customers - because the CSC Agents will be better able to recognise the issue as a repeating pattern, and so diagnose and solve it.

As I've already mentioned, we know what's caused this problem and it's already recognised as a system-wide issue.
The next Service Status update is due by 3pm this afternoon...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team