cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't use the phone much

79Artyblue1
Dabbler

Don't use the phone much

I am not a big user of my landline, so I just wondered when my contract ends just to pay for my calls would be cheaper 

3 REPLIES 3
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Don't use the phone much

You can ditch your call package now as that isn't part of your contract.

Be aware when your contract ends you won't be offered a phone at all ! Plusnet is migrating all customers to broadband only ready for the PSTN network being turned off at the end of 2025.
79Artyblue1
Dabbler

When my broadband contract ends next June will I get the necessary items to get my landline phone to my broadband and my cordless phone 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@79Artyblue1 

You might get offered an internet + landline at your next contract renewel - if you stay on the same package. However, at some point you will lose the landline as stated - OR is turning off the PTSN by the end of 2025. There's not much of a saving to make as the real cost is the copper line and not the phone service that runs on them.

You would need to move your phone service to a VOIP provider. As various matters need consideration you should have a good look around so you understand what's required. A&A appear to offer a good service and have been complemented on this forum. They also have a good FAQ's to help understand what's required.

https://www.aa.net.uk/voice-and-mobile/voip-information/

Brian

Brian