cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't like my email addy!

AncientBrit

Don't like my email addy!

When I joined PN, I chose an email address. But being the clown that I am, I failed to understand what was required and selected: first name@full name.plus.com.  I wish I had made it: first name@ last name.plus.com but evidently cannot change this. At the moment it is unnecessarily long and I detest it!
However, I am wondering if at my 12 month renewal, I could then cancel this agreement and, in effect, rejoin with the email address of my proper choice. Cry
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Don't like my email addy!

Hi there,
Unfortunately the username is not something we can change. Have you thought of a free email account i.e. Gmail?
AncientBrit

Thanks for your reply, Chris. 
I have both gmail & msn email addresses.  I object in principle that three sources I have read tell me that US intelligence authorities have the right to look through non US residents emails and cloud stored material.  Therefore I prefer PN that, after checks, I found to be on UK servers. 
Anyway, I would rather use PN facilities as I think that PN is the best isp I have ever been with over more years than I want to count! 
Wink
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

A solution for this is to register a domain of your choosing (eg with Just the Name or elsewhere) and use that as your email address, with mail forwarded to your Plusnet account address. So mail to myname@mydomain.me.uk appears in the mailbox mymail@myusername.plus.com (for example). When replying you specify myname@mydomain.me.uk as the sender email address, and use relay.plus.net as the outbound email server as normal.
You would have to pay the domain registration costs, but should you choose to change ISPs you keep the same email address, just point it somewhere else.
Note: Just the Name is owned by Plusnet plc.
David
AncientBrit

Thanks, spraxyt.  I've taken up your suggestion.  I is chuffed! Cheesy