cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does upgrading while within contract mean paying early termination fees?

FIXED
jimwormold

Does upgrading while within contract mean paying early termination fees?

Hi

I am in a plusnet broadband contract until October 2022, but would like to take advantage of a current deal. As this effectively terminates my existing contract by setting up a new one - will I have to pay the remaining amount of my existing contract?

Many thanks

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Does upgrading while within contract mean paying early termination fees?

I wonder similarly. Why would existing customers be being offered new products/contracts? My only thought was I was getting the offers because I'm a Plusnet Mobile customer as well...Strange
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

As I understand it, no, you are not charged ETA's - you just move onto a new contract. PN effectively forgo the rest of your original contract.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @jimwormold

Unless you're upgrading your package or moving house, we can only recontract you on a new deal when you're within the last 3 months of contract. Having said that, I'd recommend having a chat with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 as there may be something we can do. After all they're our sales & retentions folk. I can't promise we can though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet