cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my price really go up if I remove Unlimited UK Calling plan?

FIXED
ewanwatson123

Does my price really go up if I remove Unlimited UK Calling plan?

Hello.  I have a contract that includes Fibre Extra, Line Rental and currently a Unlimited Call Plan.  My Bill shows Line is about £10, Fibre Extra is about £22 and Unlimited Call Plan is about £9.50.    I am a bit pushed to afford £42-ish a month, and realised that I could do without the call plan (since I don't make many calls).  If I use the online option to remove the Call Plan, the confirmation Direct Debit screen says that my new monthly charge would be £43.50 a month.  I backed out at that point. Is that really correct?  Can I not remove the Call Plan only (about £9.50) to achieve a monthly total of around £32?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Does my price really go up if I remove Unlimited UK Calling plan?

Fix

The change products page reports the full prices for the products chosen - it does not include any minimum term discounts you enjoy currently.  They will remain unchanged.

You state that you do not make many calls.  Landline calls outside of a call plan are quite expensive.  The call set up charge is over 24p and the call duration charge is over 15p/m (for 01, 02 and 03 numbers) rounded up to the next minute, the total rounded up to the next 1p.

So a 45 second call will cost 39.75p which when billed will be 40p, a 65 second call being 56p.  Calls to mobiles will be even more.

Consequently it does not take many calls to exceed the cost of a call plan.

If you can restrict when you call, then maybe evenings and weekends might work for you, which is just over £5pcm.  If you only ever call mobile numbers, then for £3 you can add mobile call minutes to the line only service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ewanwatson123

Re: Does my price really go up if I remove Unlimited UK Calling plan?

Many thanks for the guidance Townman.