Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my billing catch up with me?

petecov44
Grafter

Does my billing catch up with me?

HI Guys,
Left my old place and my old line 20th of June I believe. I'm now in another place because the place I was in I had to leave - anyway you know the score on that one.
SO you are re installing FTTC at my new place next Tuesday (29th) and my bill will come out for this month on the 27th(ish) but will this go towards some credit or will it not? I've basically paid for a month and a half and my account has been sat there with no product on it.. I don't mind this because I have been forced to move about but I need to know because I am being told If I cancel now there may be nothing to pay because you have had £170 for 2 weeks service.. But I am also being told if I cancel now I owe you £179 (so id rather just keep it)
And no matter who I get on a ticket it's just copy and paste replies (apart from the last one - but I wouldn't expect that from Mark anyway) I am told to call COT - to which I am still trying.
Cheers Smiley
15 REPLIES 15
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Does my billing catch up with me?

Hi Pete,
As your bill will be produced and debited as though you currently have services, we will once we've got your services up and running refund any monies owed to you for the period you were without service but charged for it.
petecov44
Grafter

HI Chris,
Thanks for the reply. Are you guys still able to just credit free months? If so could you do that instead? a refund messes up the paperwork is all. But it's your call.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We can do it either way, if I'm about on here when your install completes I'll add a discount on for you.
petecov44
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
I'll wait until I have the refund (which I would prefer please) and then I will look at my options then
petecov44
Grafter

Scrub that - Engineer has built me a new line I am 800M from NGA and getting 56/16 sync . If you can credit then please do so. The latest bill will go through in a day or so
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
We can do it either way, if I'm about on here when your install completes I'll add a discount on for you.

Brill - can you or someone else now please do this?  a discount/credit will be fine refunds are not needed. The pending payment will go through as it left my account today
Cheers!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: petecov44
Scrub that - Engineer has built me a new line I am 800M from NGA and getting 56/16 sync . If you can credit then please do so. The latest bill will go through in a day or so
That puzzles me - what do you mean by NGA as that normally just stands for Next Generation Access
The speed / distance chart here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html says that at 800m from the cab you should only get about 28Mbps
petecov44
Grafter

Yes the NGA - the new box they built next to my PCP. it's a ECI 128 but only has a 50 line card in due to the low connections in it.
He put me onto a spare at the DP which is at the top of the pole near my house and I don't know about the rest. He did say i was 38M to the DP (which I can see from here.And if that's the case then I can believe it's 800M to the NGA as it's about 4 streets away. He did take a lot of pride in his job and was doing things for around 2 hours. I already had the NTE5 sohe changed the faceplate.He also said my line was "perfect"
However the BT adsl checker is saying what PN quoted me at the time based on address but it is slightly higher when I use my phone number. The BT system says I have 56/16 sync. I am yet to unlock the HG612 to see what it says.
http://prntscr.com/47rzfe
This is what I get.  
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3656994966
I have unbonded my other line to make sure I am only on PN. the engineer says FTTPoD was tested on some lines but has not moved on. So I am having another VM 152 line installed (which gives 161 all of the time) so it will be £112 a month for basically 373/37 . Cheap at a third of the price of said FTTP product and some redundancy too.

Something I am sure Goldenfibre will like the sound of lol
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

2 x 80/20 would be nice but I just wish it only use one line rental, then bonding together to get 160/40. As for virgin media 2 x 152/12 to get 304/24 will be nice but I don't trust virgin media connection myself as they are bad in my area. While plusnet are more reliable and stable than virgin media.
petecov44
Grafter

I guess whilst some people like to spend stupid money on TV I like to spend stupid money on internet speed.
It's a fair cop. + mobile signal is rubbish around here so I literally do need a landline for now.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

pete, wondering if FTTH is cheaper say £40 a month. It's would be great to have 2 x 1000/500 to have 2000/1000!
petecov44
Grafter

haha I wish!
I've been quoted £400 + a month for the 330/30 product.( plus install needs a connected citys voucher)
petecov44
Grafter

Right - so my account  address has been updated and my ticket closed
BUT
1. I am still 2 months owed
2. My details under " High Speed Broadband" is still wrong
I'll call in, No one on this forums has done as they said they would
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Pete,
I've just been playing around with your account to try and get the high speed broadband page updated for you and I think there may be something stuck. I've updated a few things now so could you let me know what you see?
In addition to this I've dropped a ticket on your account regarding the 2 months of downtime, if you can pop a response on it I'll pick it up for you today.