cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does buying more bandwidth remove connection restrictions?

harry1888

Does buying more bandwidth remove connection restrictions?

Hi there
I've watched a few World Cup games on STV/ITV's HD service and didnt realise that it was so heavy on bandwidth.
Just checked my email and apparently I've used over 17gb for the month (Email ref: E0191) and I'm not much more than a week into this months rations. Also the connection is so slow now any video I try to watch buffers every few seconds.
If I go and purchase more bandwidth (10gb perhaps) by this method ---
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bbyw/info.shtml#6
--- will my connection restrictions be removed?
Thanks, H.

4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Does buying more bandwidth remove connection restrictions?

Hi Harry1888,
you are on PlusNet Broadband Premier Option1. The link you posted for purchasing more bandwidth is for Broadband Yourway (BBYW) packages. Unfortunately there is no way to add extra usage to your package. More information about your package can be found at:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml#difference
I think you'll just have to use your broadband sparingly until your upgrade to extra takes effect.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you manually move the changeover to extra forward
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jim, If we were to do that it could cause issues with usage reset,  usage periods, contract dates, double billing. For this reason we don't change packages until the next billing date.
Jojo Smiley
harry1888

Ah, right, cheers guys. I accept it's my fault but 2 and a half weeks of this is going to suck  Embarrassed
On the upside, the Extra package looks much more suitable and it's cheaper. I went through the 'change product' process to move to Extra but I'm not sure it worked. Can you confirm this will be the case for next month Jojo?
Thanks again, H.