cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Phone billing have to be by Direct Debit ?

AfterImage
Dabbler

Does Phone billing have to be by Direct Debit ?

I've been a very happy customer of PlusNet Broadband for many years, and in all that time payments have ben taken from my Credit Card.
Now I've decisded to switch my Phone to PlusNet as well.
I did everything on-line, noted the bit about 'payment will be taken in the usual way'  -which is one of the reasson i'm moving, as i don't want to be forced to pay by DD just to get the best rate.
Then I came to the bit where i had to fill in DD instructions !
So, I called PlusNet - very helpful, and apologetic, you need to provde DD instrcution in order to switch the phone-line, but you can change your payment method back to Credit Card later.
So I did that, Phone line gets switched next week, and i've just received notification from Plusnet that they'll take the first DD payment next week as well - so how do I switch the payment method back ? if I go into account management it says my first two options are Credit Cards, so why is it taking form DD in the first palce, does DD always take priority / Do I just write and cancel it ?Huh
Has anyone else been here before ?

Graham
6 REPLIES 6
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Does Phone billing have to be by Direct Debit ?

I have always been under the impression that Direct Debit is compulsory for Plusnet's phone service – which is rather annoying, as Plusnet's billing is prone to mishaps.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

strange as the Credit limit on the account is a Credit card one, and postage of items is by credit card
Mand
Grafter

By default DD is the only payment option available for Home Phone (for various reasons including fraud prevention), however, if you've been a broadband customer for ages and are just adding Home Phone we'll happily cancel the DD instruction and continue to take payments by card.
If you could raise a ticket requesting this we can sort it, happy for you to give me a prod once you've raised it if you want me to do it straightaway. Smiley
Be3G
Grafter

Hmm. I'd been a broadband customer for over six years prior to getting Home Phone, yet despite all my incessant billing complaints since moving to Direct Debit, and even me directly asking if Plusnet can do something like moving me off Direct Debit, no-one's ever given it as an option.
AfterImage
Dabbler

Hi, Mand,
I've posted this elsewhere and can't seem to actually raise a ticket-  just keep going round the 'recommended options loop..
I recently swapped my phoner to PlusNet having been a 'broadband only' customer for many years. The web apges said that there would be no change to my billing, yet when I set ity up the system insistred on a Direct Debit instruction. I called you help desk and the support guy said this was necessary to get it set up, but thast it could be cancelled later afterwards and would revert to my Credit Card as before.
So, I've set it up, you've transferred my line to PlusNet and you've confirmed you will take the first payment in 3 days time by Direct Debit. How do I cancel the Direct Debit, or chnage the account detaisl so that my primary source is Credit Card ? i don't keep money in my current account and I don't use Direct Debits which is the reason I moved from BT in the first place.
Oh, and can we get a spell checker on these text windows please ? I work in IT I'm not trained to type.... the concept is you press 'send' (the button that's missing from the 'ask a question' page), the spell checker kicks in, fixes my awful tryping, then the message gets sent.
thanks,
Graham
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@AfterImage
You'll need to either cancel the Direct Debit through your bank, or you can raise a ticket or give us a call and we'll cancel it from our side for you.
As for a spell checker, you can install one through your browser, which one are you using?