cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does New Full Fibre Cancel Existing ADSL Contract?

FIXED
1066_1066
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Does New Full Fibre Cancel Existing ADSL Contract?

My parents are on a Plusnet 10MB ADSL contract which expires at the end of July 2024. The plan is for me to take out a new Plusnet Full Fibre contract for them in my name (their ages & accessibility issues mean that I will need to manage it for them). They will not be keeping their landline number and I do not live at their address.

Starting the process, as a new customer for their address, there is the option to not keep the existing home phone line as part of the process (image attached) and I haven't gone past that page. Will going down this route automatically cancel their existing contract? If it doesn't then we will have to resort to writing a letter of cancellation as doing it over the phone is not possible.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 091803.png

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Re: Does New Full Fibre Cancel Existing ADSL Contract?

Fix

@1066_1066 

Will going down this route automatically cancel their existing contract? 

Yes it will. It will effectively be a 'change of ownership, cease' on the existing line, which will cancel the phone service and associated broadband on the line. It will then cancel the existing account.

Note that any services e.g email associated with the existing account will be cancelled and, since new accounts dont have email access, you will lose that facility!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Full Fibre to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

1066_1066
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear (no email to lose).

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Thats fine then.

If you're already a Plusnet customer yourself, then don't forget to use your account as a referrer on the new account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@1066_1066 once you've placed the order you may well also get a final text message communication direct from Openreach shortly before (assuming you've given a mobile number) checking whether you are intending to cancel the existing line or are adding a new connection. Though that may only apply in relation to FTTC as that potentially reuses the copper from cabinet to premises so changes their engineering plans.