cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I really need a DD setup

Mav
Fixes: 514

Do I really need a DD setup

Following my downgrade to a PAYG free account just so I can keep my domains and emails with PN since moving to TT I removed my DD and secondary payment details from the portal just to ensure no accident unauthorised payment were made. Nothing to do with not trusting PN but, in this case, I assumed prevention to be better than cure.
I received an Email (ref: E0315) informing me I need to set up payment method or my services could be affected.
Is it really necessary to do this in my case? I will if I really have to but would prefer not to.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Do I really need a DD setup

Is it really necessary to do this in my case?

Hi Mav, At the moment yes, this is as hosting isn't for free I'm afraid I know the domains are registered/tagged elsewhere though. The rate to host domains on a free account is £25+VAT per year.
With that in mind switching to just the name could work out to be cheaper for you: http://www.just-the-name.co.uk/main.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav

Thanks for the reply Adam
Only nameservers changed for my domains to PN's so that all admin and re-registering is done with123reg.
In all my recent conversations regarding the above there was never mention of any charges being incurred.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Martha
Grafter

Hi Mav,
I've replied to your ticket Smiley
Mav

Thanks for the reply and clarifying things for me  Smiley

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

there was never mention of any charges being incurred.

Glad Martha got that sorted for you, charges would normally be applicable so it sounds like we've arranged an offer for you there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team