Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to pay to leave or not?

FIXED
golly99

Do I have to pay to leave or not?

Hi

My contract ends in 16th June, bit confused if I can leave now without a charge or not.  Phoned up and they said I would need to pay a fee of £15.85 for what is remaining, however below it seems to suggest I don't need to pay anything - could I clarify what is correct please?

If you don’t take another deal, once your fixed price contract ends on 16th June 2020, you’ll start to pay a higher price, the cost for line rental will increase by £1 a month to £19.99 a month and your broadband price will increase to £15.99 a month.
This does not take account of any call plans or discounts you may have. If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice. Once your current contract ends you’ll need to still give us this notice and during this period charges would continue to apply.

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Do I have to pay to leave or not?

Hey there @golly99,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the early termination fees and some of the info surrounding that. I've now checked over the account and provided a more detailed response here

Thanks. 

golly99

Hi, thanks just had a look but that's different to the date I have in the email? If you don’t take another deal, once your fixed price contract ends on 16th June 2020, where you have quoted July?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My apologies @golly99, that was meant to read June. 

Thanks. 

golly99

Thanks, so the statement in the email "If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees is incorrect?"

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Essentially. If you move providers before your contract has finished, early termination fees will be applicable. The only exception to this is price rises during the contract - which shouldn't happen if you're in a fixed term agreement with us.