cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distraught - Plusnet Wrongly charged me then forwarded my details to a debt collecting agency

CAM

Distraught - Plusnet Wrongly charged me then forwarded my details to a debt collecting agency

They said I could leave without a termination fee, then charged me it anyway.  Then emailed to say they'd charged me incorrectly, sent me a cheque for the money they owed me and they would upscale to a manager to stop the debt collection agency.  They didn't get back to me again, and I started getting emails and phones calls from a debt collection agency.  When I phone plusnet they said they had decided I did need to pay (even though they had clearly said beforehand that I did not) but hadn't bothered to tell me.  I'm frantic, the agency keep calling and every time I speak to someone at plusnet they say something different and do nothing.  How can it be legal to decide to charge someone after they've left and forward their details to a debt collecting agency without telling them!  I realise OFCOM have already fined them for doing this but they don't seem to change their behaviour.

Can anyone please help me?  I just dont know what to do.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Distraught - Plusnet Wrongly charged me then forwarded my details to a debt collecting agency

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Distraught - Plusnet Wrongly charged me then forwarded my details to a debt collecting agency

Thanks for your post @CAM 

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. I can see you've since escalated this further and one of my colleagues from our complaints team will be in touch with you shortly with a view to bring this to a resolution as quick as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet