Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Increase of Contract Price

holliep93
Interested

Disputing Increase of Contract Price

Hi there,

I've been redirected here upon talking to some people as I've had no success with the call teams.

I have been with you for over 2 years, initially on a standard broadband package at £22 a month. Once the 2 year contract was up this went up to £25 which was still do-able. 

I recently moved address and was informed I would get fibre broadband for £28 a month. This is again do-able. I moved address and during which time, you somehow 'broke' my original account - iscariotwolf - and thus I had to make this one. At one point I was informed I would be paying the £22 new members fee from one team, then this was put back to £28. I did receive an email stating I would be paying £36 and instantly called back to inquire this and was informed by a man this was incorrect and I would be paying the £28 as agreed on my original account. I also had no wifi for an entire month with various excuses given by plusnet each time I called, eventually this was amended and I was given 1 month free wifi.

Now I am being charged £36 a month despite dispusting that I have the original email from my original account stating the price would be £28 a month. I have been told some managers would listen to my calls and this has still not happened a week later. My account keeps getting 'restricted' and now I have had an email threatening me with third party debt collectors over a price I never agreed to! I called this morning to raise a formal complaint and to try and cancel if this is not resolved and was told if I wish to leave, I will be charged £180 cancellation fee for something which was broken on your side from the get go? This is entirely an issue created on your side!

I signed the £28 contract as an individual not an account, and both accounts are under my name and bank details. This price hike is entirely ridiculous and unaffordable since I am unemployed and disabled. The new account was created as a remedy for an issue which plusnet themselves created, not because of my choosing. If I cannot have the £28 a month contract kept I want the contract ended with no fees to do so. If this is still refused and plusnet continues to try and force the £36 a month (which is disgusting as I have been a loyal customer for 2+ years) then I will have to escalate it and go to ombudsman services if you cannot resolve the issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 123

Re: Disputing Increase of Contract Price

Hi @holliep93,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I've taken a look over this today and raised a response via the outstanding complaint ticket on your account, which can be accessed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to my update, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to pick this case back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
holliep93
Interested

Thank you Alex, I have just replied to you now, hope this gets sorted soon as I have notifications on the account claiming I will be getting charged additional fees in a week's time because I'm trying to get this sorted and have been ran around circles with different people and excuses! 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 123

Hi @holliep93,

Apologies for the delayed response. I've reviewed the account with a colleague and provided a further response via the open support ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team